Contribute
Register

Customac Pro Sierra Sleep Issues - USB 3.0 & Ethernet dropped on wake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
Hey guys - First timer here. Here is my build:

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare 4GB
Core i7-6700K
EVGA GTX 960 Super Clocked

Everything has been working perfectly for me so far - I initially had to override the OS X internal graphics driver and set up the NVIDEA Web one to get my graphics working properly, but that was a minor hiccup. The only problem I'm facing so far is that every time my computer falls asleep, when I wake it up, all of my USB devices have been ejected incorrectly, though they reconnect right away once I wake it up. My keyboard and mouse will not wake the machine up - I have to physically press the power button to wake it up. Also, my ethernet connection (I don't use WIFI) becomes disconnected, and won't work again until I do a full reboot. I have seen others complaining about this problem, but no solutions from what I have seen.. Not for Sierra anyway.

Here is what I have tried:

-Using Multibeast to install the IntelMausiEthernet.kext ethernet driver instead of the AppleGB v5.3.5.3 driver which I had originally selected upon initial installation. For some reason, every time I tried this, Multibeast would not Repaired Permissions/Rebuilt Cache, then rebooted, the IntelMausiEthernet.kext was nowhere to be found in my S/L/E folder. I could also never even find my original AppleGB v5.3.5.3.kext there either. So what I ended up doing was using Kext Wizard to manually install the IntelMausiEthernet.kext into my S/L/E, repair/rebuild/reboot. Still does not work. I also followed this whole process quoted from another thread:

"Hello,
I had the same problem before on ASUS Z170M Plus, and I finally fixed it by installing IntelMausiEthernet.kext instead of AppleIntelIE1000e.kext.
1. Remove Ethernet (en0) from Preference Panel -> Network
2. Remove AppleIntelIE1000e.kext from S/L/E and rebuild kernel cache.
3. Restart.
4. Install IntelMausiEthernet.kext and rebuild kernel cache.
5. Restart.
6. Add Ethernet back to Preference Panel -> Network.
7. Restart.
And the Ethernet should work even after sleep and wake."

No dice.

On the USB front, I have tried installing all of the USB drivers in Multibeast, and again, I can't find any of their kexts in my S/L/E folder. Weird. It seems like Multibeast (latest version) is not functioning properly. Strange since it WILL change my System Definition, and it did my original install properly. I also tried a fix pack posted in another thread to no avail.

Here is my config.plist any help would be great!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 223
@GryphonP3, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

MultiBeast installs the network drivers in /Library/Extensions NOT /System/Library/Extensions.

Updated. ThNks for the heads up!

I now have a much bigger problem.. I opened my config.plist and added darkwake=0 to the boot flag list, and now my machine wont boot. It only gives me the option to boot from USB, or from darwin, which gives me this panic message when I try to boot from it. I would start a new thread but I dont even know what to label it. Cant believe such a minor edit had such huge consequences! Maybe I will have to do a clean install from USB but that would be hell as I've spent 10 hours installing all my music software yesterday.. But I guess its not that bad worst case scenario..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 157
Hmm.. The only solution I see there is

"Try setting config.plist under SMBIOS->Trust=true"

I dont see how I can acces config.plist without booting? In clover->options->SMBIOS I only get these options

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
Ok, did a clean reinstall and changed my BIOS, now everything is working again, but the sleep issues still persist. I have darkwake=0 in my config.plist, but it doesn't help. Any suggestions are very welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back