Contribute
Register

Creative CA0132 codec discussion (Sound Core3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh...

Got it. Below is the output.

Select stream 5

Selected stream

parameter ID: 0x18, parameter value = 05

Source connection point

parameter ID: 0x19, parameter value = 43

Destination connection point

parameter ID: 0x1a, parameter value = 00

Number of audio channels

parameter ID: 0x1b, parameter value = 02

Enable control

parameter ID: 0x1c, parameter value = 00

Select stream C

Selected stream

parameter ID: 0x18, parameter value = 0c

Source connection point

parameter ID: 0x19, parameter value = 09

parameter ID: 0x1a, parameter value = 70

Number of audio channels

Enable control

Select stream 14

Selected stream

parameter ID: 0x18, parameter value = 14

Source connection point

parameter ID: 0x19, parameter value = 48

Number of audio channels

Enable control

parameter ID: 0x1c, parameter value = 01

Select stream 15

Selected stream

parameter ID: 0x18, parameter value = 15

Source connection point

parameter ID: 0x19, parameter value = 49

parameter ID: 0x1a, parameter value = 71

Number of audio channels

Enable control

Select stream 16

Selected stream

parameter ID: 0x18, parameter value = 16

Source connection point

parameter ID: 0x19, parameter value = 4a

parameter ID: 0x1a, parameter value = 72

Number of audio channels

Enable control

So, stream 0xC is disabled, try the provided tool that activates the streams, if it does not work try to reset the codec as well.

Attachments

• enable streams 0x14_15_16.zip
    47.7 KB · Views: 68
  • resetCA0132.zip
    29.1 KB · Views: 69
Hi folks, I urgently need help coz Last night everything still alright but the next day all of sudden my system no sound at all!
My board is Gaming 7 with H.Sierra 10.13.6, I follow this thread post#1 : AppleALC + Lilu in Cover kext / Others, CodecCommander.kext in /L/E. Untouched AppleHDA in S/L/E, layout-ID set to 4. My system audio output can see all the devices, even Bluetooth but just no sound come out! I wondering it is hardware problem?

one thing is weird in my ioreg showing the HDEF layout ID : 7, if I set to 7 there is no devices at all!

Here I attached ioreg and 2 snaps hope you guys can help me out please ! ! !
Try to reset the codec with the tool from the previous post. If it does not work, let the computer sleep or turn it off for a few minutes.

Regarding the layout-id, some layouts have been removed since Mojave and the new AppleALC remaps the layout id to a supported id, which is the 7, so the layout-id you actually use is 6, see "alc-layout-id"

So, stream 0xC is disabled, try the provided tool that activates the streams, if it does not work try to reset the codec as well.

Well...sadly, nothing.

I ran the enable streams utility. Nothing. I shut the computer down, and turned off the power supply for a few minutes. Rebooted, and nothing.

I then ran the resetCA0132 utility. Nothing. I shut the computer down, and turned off the power supply for a few minutes. Rebooted, and nothing.

Below is the output from the Chipio_stream script that you provided. I also am including the ioreg file as well.

--chipio_stream output--

Select stream 5

Selected stream

parameter ID: 0x18, parameter value = 05

Source connection point

parameter ID: 0x19, parameter value = 43

parameter ID: 0x1a, parameter value = 00

Number of audio channels

Enable control

Select stream C

Selected stream

parameter ID: 0x18, parameter value = 0c

Source connection point

parameter ID: 0x19, parameter value = 09

Number of audio channels

Enable control

Select stream 14

Selected stream

parameter ID: 0x18, parameter value = 14

Source connection point

parameter ID: 0x19, parameter value = 48

Number of audio channels

Enable control

Select stream 15

Selected stream

parameter ID: 0x18, parameter value = 15

Source connection point

parameter ID: 0x19, parameter value = 49

parameter ID: 0x1a, parameter value = 71

Number of audio channels

Enable control

Select stream 16

Selected stream

parameter ID: 0x18, parameter value = 16

Source connection point

parameter ID: 0x19, parameter value = 4a

parameter ID: 0x1a, parameter value = 72

Number of audio channels

Enable control

Attachments

• Anne’s iMac_090218.ioreg
    6.2 MB · Views: 95
Try to reset the codec with the tool from the previous post. If it does not work, let the computer sleep or turn it off for a few minutes.

Regarding the layout-id, some layouts have been removed since Mojave and the new AppleALC remaps the layout id to a supported id, which is the 7, so the layout-id you actually use is 6, see "alc-layout-id"

Thanks for your reply! After use the app to reset the code and set layout id to 6 still no go! all the output devices no sound output, but very strange the sound came through the bluetooth when click into Preference panel input tab! if I close the P.Panel the sound gone!

Last edited:
Not sure if you saw my response or can provide any additional help, but I'm still sadly silent.
I'm back. This codec has 28 differently configured streams that we can try, but I think it's better to use another OS to find out which streams are being used. If you use Linux, I can give you a script which reads the streams. But first I would try it without the "LogMeInSoundDriver" which could be an issue.

Try the switcher app from the attachment and listen if you hear any noise when switching from speakers to headphones when the headphones are plugged into the rear jack to make sure the amplifiers are working.

Attachments

• CA0132Switcher1.0.1.zip
    43.9 KB · Views: 69
Thanks for your reply! After use the app to reset the code and set layout id to 6 still no go! all the output devices no sound output, but very strange the sound came through the bluetooth when click into Preference panel input tab! if I close the P.Panel the sound gone!
What do you mean with bluetooth, the AirPods? Since AppleALC 1.2.8, the layout-id that you can see in the ioregistryexplorer is always remapped to 7, the layout-id you actually use is the alc-layout-id.
Run the tool from the attachment after you've reset the codec.

Attachments

• stream C-5 off 14-15-16_on.zip
    41.3 KB · Views: 54
I'm back. This codec has 28 differently configured streams that we can try, but I think it's better to use another OS to find out which streams are being used. If you use Linux, I can give you a script which reads the streams. But first I would try it without the "LogMeInSoundDriver" which could be an issue.

Try the switcher app from the attachment and listen if you hear any noise when switching from speakers to headphones when the headphones are plugged into the rear jack to make sure the amplifiers are working.

OK. Interesting.

I did the following, using your Switcher app. I plugged a pair of headphones into the front panel headphones jack, I plugged a second pair of headphones into the headphone jack on the motherboard, I plugged an audio cable into the line out jack on the motherboard and into the audio-in jack on the monitor, and I, of course, have the monitor plugged in by way of Displayport. As I change the outputs, I get the following:

Speakers: Nothing
Headphones: Both Front Panel and Headphone Jack on Motherboard
Fake Surround: Nothing
Rear Microphone: Nothing
Front Microphone: Front Panel Headphones

However, if I have sound playing through the headphones, and I swap a plug, it stops playing altogether. In other words, I tried swapping a headphone to another jack and back, and then there was no audio at all.

I don't have Linux, but I could boot to Windows.

OK. Interesting.

I did the following, using your Switcher app. I plugged a pair of headphones into the front panel headphones jack, I plugged a second pair of headphones into the headphone jack on the motherboard, I plugged an audio cable into the line out jack on the motherboard and into the audio-in jack on the monitor, and I, of course, have the monitor plugged in by way of Displayport. As I change the outputs, I get the following:

Speakers: Nothing
Headphones: Both Front Panel and Headphone Jack on Motherboard
Fake Surround: Nothing
Rear Microphone: Nothing
Front Microphone: Front Panel Headphones

However, if I have sound playing through the headphones, and I swap a plug, it stops playing altogether. In other words, I tried swapping a headphone to another jack and back, and then there was no audio at all.

I don't have Linux, but I could boot to Windows.
Also, I would be happy to remove the LogMeIn Sound Driver, but I am not clear on how to do that. I thought that I had uninstalled it. I had installed LogMeIn at one point to allow me to finish some things up for my wife while I was traveling. It was not an ideal experience. :)

You want to use the monitor speakers?, I'm not sure, but it probably will not work, what you're trying to do. As far as I know, the newer monitors with DP/HDMI have no audio input, but an output, and I assume that the audio jack is a headphone jack. Or is it a soundbar? If the monitor has integrated speakers they will only work via DP/HDMI, so select the monitor in the audio panel. But maybe I'm wrong, does it work on Windows? To make sure the Line-Out works, try it with the headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back