Contribute
Register

Creative CA0132 codec discussion (Sound Core3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don't notice any difference. Maybe if we analyze the sound output signal to find out if one is cleaner than the other one. But just by listening is not easy to find a difference in my case. I should compare with windows to listen for a possible difference...I'm also testing a new CA0132 patch that adds support for Linux but it seems is not ready yet. But now I'm getting analog output and before it was only digital output. Will this help you improve CA0132 sound on macOS once the patch is completely finish?

I should compare with windows to listen for a possible difference.
The Windows driver uses DSP. For comparison you have to switch to direct stereo. This is how the macOS driver is configured.

I'm also testing a new CA0132 patch that adds support for Linux but it seems is not ready yet.
The ZxRi is not supported by Linux. During testing, I created some scripts that can be used with the generic driver. In fact it's easy to add support. You just need to duplicate part of the R3Di code and change some values to make it work.
Since upgrading Ubuntu to 18, the UI on my 4K screen has been messed up so I don't use it anymore. The same goes for the 20 upgrade.

Will this help you improve CA0132 sound on macOS once the patch is completely finish?
Depending on what you mean, I've already tried different sample rates, but haven't noticed any improvement. With DSP (loaded firmware) we can use all these play enhancements like under Windows.

One of the developers of CA0132 (Conmanx360) is adding support right now to ZxRi but is not public yet. Plus he is making more improvements to CA0132.

One of the developers of CA0132 (Conmanx360) is adding support right now to ZxRi but is not public yet. Plus he is making more improvements to CA0132.
I know Conmanx360, are you in contact with him? I had an email exchange before I haven't seen any activity from him for a long time.

I know Conmanx360, are you in contact with him? I had an email exchange before I haven't seen any activity from him for a long time.
Yes, I am in contact. And he is very active right now.:clap:

Ok, my emails may end up in his spam folder.
He probably asked you to do a QemuHDADump of your codec. If so, can you please send me this dump as well?. As already said, my Ubuntu install is messed up. In fact, I already have such a dump, but I miss the first part up to 0x400 offset.

Ok, my emails may end up in his spam folder.
He probably asked you to do a QemuHDADump of your codec. If so, can you please send me this dump as well?. As already said, my Ubuntu install is messed up. In fact, I already have such a dump, but I miss the first part up to 0x400 offset.
He told me he has a full dump. I tried to do the dump once but I had trouble installing the windows drivers on QEMU with Ubuntu. I was very close, I don't know what went wrong. Maybe I'll try again.

Hello and good day to you. I used opencore guide to successfully install OS X Catalina and was able so spoof my ASUS R9 390. The only thing I can't figure out is how to patch AppleALC with Sound Blaster Z pci-e card. Thank you.

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back