Contribute
Register

Creative CA0132 codec discussion (Sound Core3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, stream 0xC is disabled, try the provided tool that activates the streams, if it does not work try to reset the codec as well.

Well...sadly, nothing.

I ran the enable streams utility. Nothing. I shut the computer down, and turned off the power supply for a few minutes. Rebooted, and nothing.

I then ran the resetCA0132 utility. Nothing. I shut the computer down, and turned off the power supply for a few minutes. Rebooted, and nothing.

Below is the output from the Chipio_stream script that you provided. I also am including the ioreg file as well.

--chipio_stream output--

Select stream 5

Selected stream

parameter ID: 0x18, parameter value = 05

Source connection point

parameter ID: 0x19, parameter value = 43

Destination connection point

parameter ID: 0x1a, parameter value = 00

Number of audio channels

parameter ID: 0x1b, parameter value = 02

Enable control

parameter ID: 0x1c, parameter value = 00

Select stream C

Selected stream

parameter ID: 0x18, parameter value = 0c

Source connection point

parameter ID: 0x19, parameter value = 09

parameter ID: 0x1a, parameter value = 70

Number of audio channels

Enable control

parameter ID: 0x1c, parameter value = 00

Select stream 14

Selected stream

parameter ID: 0x18, parameter value = 14

Source connection point

parameter ID: 0x19, parameter value = 48

parameter ID: 0x1a, parameter value = 70

Number of audio channels

Enable control

parameter ID: 0x1c, parameter value = 01

Select stream 15

Selected stream

parameter ID: 0x18, parameter value = 15

Source connection point

parameter ID: 0x19, parameter value = 49

parameter ID: 0x1a, parameter value = 71

Number of audio channels

Enable control

Select stream 16

Selected stream

parameter ID: 0x18, parameter value = 16

Source connection point

parameter ID: 0x19, parameter value = 4a

parameter ID: 0x1a, parameter value = 72

Number of audio channels

Enable control

Attachments

• Anne’s iMac_090218.ioreg
    6.2 MB · Views: 96
Not sure if you saw my response or can provide any additional help, but I'm still sadly silent.
I'm back. This codec has 28 differently configured streams that we can try, but I think it's better to use another OS to find out which streams are being used. If you use Linux, I can give you a script which reads the streams. But first I would try it without the "LogMeInSoundDriver" which could be an issue.

Try the switcher app from the attachment and listen if you hear any noise when switching from speakers to headphones when the headphones are plugged into the rear jack to make sure the amplifiers are working.

Attachments

• CA0132Switcher1.0.1.zip
    43.9 KB · Views: 69
I'm back. This codec has 28 differently configured streams that we can try, but I think it's better to use another OS to find out which streams are being used. If you use Linux, I can give you a script which reads the streams. But first I would try it without the "LogMeInSoundDriver" which could be an issue.

Try the switcher app from the attachment and listen if you hear any noise when switching from speakers to headphones when the headphones are plugged into the rear jack to make sure the amplifiers are working.

OK. Interesting.

I did the following, using your Switcher app. I plugged a pair of headphones into the front panel headphones jack, I plugged a second pair of headphones into the headphone jack on the motherboard, I plugged an audio cable into the line out jack on the motherboard and into the audio-in jack on the monitor, and I, of course, have the monitor plugged in by way of Displayport. As I change the outputs, I get the following:

Speakers: Nothing
Headphones: Both Front Panel and Headphone Jack on Motherboard
Fake Surround: Nothing
Rear Microphone: Nothing
Front Microphone: Front Panel Headphones

However, if I have sound playing through the headphones, and I swap a plug, it stops playing altogether. In other words, I tried swapping a headphone to another jack and back, and then there was no audio at all.

I don't have Linux, but I could boot to Windows.

OK. Interesting.

I did the following, using your Switcher app. I plugged a pair of headphones into the front panel headphones jack, I plugged a second pair of headphones into the headphone jack on the motherboard, I plugged an audio cable into the line out jack on the motherboard and into the audio-in jack on the monitor, and I, of course, have the monitor plugged in by way of Displayport. As I change the outputs, I get the following:

Speakers: Nothing
Headphones: Both Front Panel and Headphone Jack on Motherboard
Fake Surround: Nothing
Rear Microphone: Nothing
Front Microphone: Front Panel Headphones

However, if I have sound playing through the headphones, and I swap a plug, it stops playing altogether. In other words, I tried swapping a headphone to another jack and back, and then there was no audio at all.

I don't have Linux, but I could boot to Windows.
Also, I would be happy to remove the LogMeIn Sound Driver, but I am not clear on how to do that. I thought that I had uninstalled it. I had installed LogMeIn at one point to allow me to finish some things up for my wife while I was traveling. It was not an ideal experience. :)

You want to use the monitor speakers?, I'm not sure, but it probably will not work, what you're trying to do. As far as I know, the newer monitors with DP/HDMI have no audio input, but an output, and I assume that the audio jack is a headphone jack. Or is it a soundbar? If the monitor has integrated speakers they will only work via DP/HDMI, so select the monitor in the audio panel. But maybe I'm wrong, does it work on Windows? To make sure the Line-Out works, try it with the headphones.

You want to use the monitor speakers?, I'm not sure, but it probably will not work, what you're trying to do. As far as I know, the newer monitors with DP/HDMI have no audio input, but an output, and I assume that the audio jack is a headphone jack. Or is it a soundbar? If the monitor has integrated speakers they will only work via DP/HDMI, so select the monitor in the audio panel. But maybe I'm wrong, does it work on Windows? To make sure the Line-Out works, try it with the headphones.

The hope was to use the monitor speakers, yes. Headphones only are impractical. I have a set of external speakers that I can also try, but they are a little clunky from a space perspective. I will go back and test it more thoroughly on Windows to make sure I can get it to work. The line out did not work with headphones, I don’t think, but I will retest that to be sure.

The Samsung monitors that I have connected have both an audio line in and are supposed to also support audio via DP/HDMI. I have had no sound by way of the monitors. I have another machine that I built in December set up in my media room (Windows not Hackintosh) in which the audio is pushed through HDMI on this same video card.

The hope was to use the monitor speakers, yes. Headphones only are impractical. I have a set of external speakers that I can also try, but they are a little clunky from a space perspective. I will go back and test it more thoroughly on Windows to make sure I can get it to work. The line out did not work with headphones, I don’t think, but I will retest that to be sure.

The Samsung monitors that I have connected have both an audio line in and are supposed to also support audio via DP/HDMI. I have had no sound by way of the monitors. I have another machine that I built in December set up in my media room (Windows not Hackintosh) in which the audio is pushed through HDMI on this same video card.
What is the name of your monitor? As I said, I'm not sure, but if the monitor has an audio input, you probably can configure it in the monitor menu. If it is an audio input, it should also work if the cable is connected to the headphone jack.
Does it work if you select the monitor via audio panel?

I tried everything on the first post, but none of it worked for giving me sound. The only thing that works is VoodooHDA. It's crystal clear sound with the green rear jack, but that's just about it. No other jacks (headphones, mic) work, and not the Volume slider either. I'm on Mojave, but tried the same with the same results in High Sierra too.

I tried everything on the first post, but none of it worked for giving me sound. The only thing that works is VoodooHDA. It's crystal clear sound with the green rear jack, but that's just about it. No other jacks (headphones, mic) work, and not the Volume slider either. I'm on Mojave, but tried the same with the same results in High Sierra too.
Do you see devices in the sound panel with AppleALC?
Can you run the getdump tool while VoodooHDA is loaded? An ioreg dump could be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back