Contribute
Register

Creative CA0132 codec discussion (Sound Core3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. And, no, HDMI is not showing up. The only Audio output devices are the network devices as above. At one point on this journey, the video monitor showed up. It's connected via Displayport.

Strangely enough...

I shut the machine down again this morning as I was cleaning up the desk and office. After being off for several minutes, I rebooted it. I now have a lot of options for Sound Output which weren't there before, including the monitor as well as the Line Out. (See screenshot below).

However, I don't have any sound coming out of the machine at all via either the Displayport or to the Line Out. (And, yes, I checked the volume on the monitor to make sure it wasn't turned all the way down).

Getting closer?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 8.49.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 8.49.01 AM.png
    135.2 KB · Views: 94
In the Clover/kexts/Other folder there are three files: AppleALC.kext, FakeSMC.kext, and Lilu.kext. The 10.13 folder is empty.
This three kexts should only be on one folder, delete them from /L/E.

Oh. And, no, HDMI is not showing up.
I wanted to write HDMI/DP

Strangely enough...

I shut the machine down again this morning as I was cleaning up the desk and office. After being off for several minutes, I rebooted it. I now have a lot of options for Sound Output which weren't there before, including the monitor as well as the Line Out. (See screenshot below).

However, I don't have any sound coming out of the machine at all via either the Displayport or to the Line Out. (And, yes, I checked the volume on the monitor to make sure it wasn't turned all the way down).

Getting closer?
The xml to zml patch is the issue. I have removed it form the config.plist, and it should work now.
Copy the plists to the clover folder and choose one from the clover menu, if HDMI/DP stops working, try the second one.
If it works properly, rename the plist so it can be used anytime.

If you see devices but have no sound, let the computer sleep or shut it down switch of the power supply and wait two minutes.

You can also try layout-id 1-5 to see what better suits your needs.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
dude I see you did a great job helping other guys and I would really appreciate it if you could help me too
...I tried the applealc+lilu method but couldn't get it to work

my specs:
cpu:core i7 4790
mb:g1 sniper z87

note that I managed to get it working on Sierra year ago with some kext but I Can't remember how I did it

dude I see you did a great job helping other guys and I would really appreciate it if you could help me too
...I tried the applealc+lilu method but couldn't get it to work

my specs:
cpu:core i7 4790
mb:g1 sniper z87

note that I managed to get it working on Sierra year ago with some kext but I Can't remember how I did it
Make sure you do not use any other audio-related patches, the AppleHDA.kext is unchanged, AppleALC and Lilu at /Clover/kexts/Other. the CodecCommander.kext from the first post to /L/E. An ioregistryexplorer dump could be useful.

This three kexts should only be on one folder, delete them from /L/E.

I wanted to write HDMI/DP

The xml to zml patch is the issue. I have removed it form the config.plist, and it should work now.
Copy the plists to the clover folder and choose one from the clover menu, if HDMI/DP stops working, try the second one.
If it works properly, rename the plist so it can be used anytime.

If you see devices but have no sound, let the computer sleep or shut it down switch of the power supply and wait two minutes.

You can also try layout-id 1-5 to see what better suits your needs.

I have been off the grid for several days being sick and out of town. I have tried the config.plist's that you uploaded. I'm still not getting anywhere.

When I look at my original config.plist file, and click on the "Kernel and Kext Patches" section of CloverConfigurator, I see that there are multiple entries for AppleHDAController and AppleHDA. Screenshot is attached below as "Original Configuration." The second screenshot ("Configuration 1") is what I get with the first config file that you sent. I see that there is no listing of anything to do with AppleHDA, but I'm not sure if there is meant to be.

I set the Layout_ID to 5 and I get a listing of output options that makes sense, but still no sound. I've shut down, etc. as you've suggested but am not getting any success.

(Also, I appreciate your help and would like to contribute something to you for your help, so let me know how I might do that.)

Attachments

• Original Configuration.png
    Original Configuration.png
    635.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Configuration 1.png
    Configuration 1.png
    534.7 KB · Views: 135
I have removed the KextToPatch entries because they are not needed with AppleALC. If you see sound devices and display audio in the audio preferences, AppleALC works as intended.
Since there is no sound, we have to take care of CodecCommander.
If sleep works, let the computer sleep, if you still have no sound, try the attached tool.

Attachments

• resetCA0132.zip
    29.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
There is no volume control on digital outputs, neither HDMI/DP or Optical out, not even on original Macs.
You did not say anything about sleep or the reset tool. Can you please upload a new ioreg dump?

You do not use CodecCommander from the fist post! Change the layout-id to 4, which is the default configuration, and install the attached CodecCommander.kext. As usual, repair permissions and rebuild the cache.

Attachments

• CodecCommander.kext.zip
    26.6 KB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back