Contribute
Register

Creative CA0132 codec discussion (Sound Core3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I tried it and my mic didn't work at all :( the sound did
If not already done, download the latest CodecCommander, add it to /L/E, repair permissions and rebuild the cache. Copy the SSDT to the ACPI/patched folder and try again.

Attachments

• SSDT-R3Di_Alienware.aml.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 84
If not already done, download the latest CodecCommander, add it to /L/E, repair permissions and rebuild the cache. Copy the SSDT to the ACPI/patched folder and try again.
So I put codec commander in l/e repaired permissions and rebuilt kext cache and put the SSDT in patched I think my mic is working a little bit better now :) the vol bar still mutes after half way and the mic still has no vol control but its an improvement my friend thank you

So I put codec commander in l/e repaired permissions and rebuilt kext cache and put the SSDT in patched I think my mic is working a little bit better now :) the vol bar still mutes after half way and the mic still has no vol control but its an improvement my friend thank you
Is the type "Apple speaker port" in the sound settings? Does the volume control behave the same way when using headphones?
Is there no microphone slider or does it not work?
Here another sample

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext_1.3.9.zip
    912.9 KB · Views: 90
Is the type "Apple speaker port" in the sound settings? Does the volume control behave the same way when using headphones?
Is there no microphone slider or does it not work?
Here another sample
When I get off of work I will try this out currently

In sound there is just Internal Speakers and Digital out. Digital out does not work. Internal speakers the vol bar alowes me to control it half way then it mutes. The internal mic has no controls for vol they are greyed out in the midi settings.

When I get off of work I will try this out currently

In sound there is just Internal Speakers and Digital out. Digital out does not work. Internal speakers the vol bar alowes me to control it half way then it mutes. The internal mic has no controls for vol they are greyed out in the midi settings.
So I tried it and it shows in sound options as an external mic it does not work it gives me access to change vol but the mic does not work it just creates a buzz if I try to do a sound record. vol still mutes at half on the slider for sound it shows on the drop menu as internal speaker

So I tried it and it shows in sound options as an external mic it does not work it gives me access to change vol but the mic does not work it just creates a buzz if I try to do a sound record. vol still mutes at half on the slider for sound it shows on the drop menu as internal speaker
Do you see two input devices, an internal and an external microphone? The internal microphone is probably digital and needs different settings.

@TravelerTechie and other ZxRi users, please try this SSDT with layout-id 1.

Attachments

• SSDT-ZxRi.aml.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 88
  • SPK_HP ZxRi.zip
    39.7 KB · Views: 86
Do you see two input devices, an internal and an external microphone? The internal microphone is probably digital and needs different settings.

@TravelerTechie and other ZxRi users, please try this SSDT with layout-id 1.
I tried it. Rear and front mics are working. Also front HP is working but not the rear one. Digital Out works but not analog outputs...

I tried it. Rear and front mics are working. Also front HP is working but not the rear one. Digital Out works but not analog outputs...
What is your system-id?
Have you installed the CodecCommander to /L/E?
According to gigabyte pictures the Core3D codec is installed. If it's the ZxRi, try this AppleALC with the new SSDT
system-id.png

Attachments

• SSDT-ZxRi_ALC.aml.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 69
  • AppleALC.kext_1.4.2_ZxRi.zip
    985.7 KB · Views: 65
What is your system-id?
Have you installed the CodecCommander to /L/E?
According to gigabyte pictures the Core3D codec is installed. If it's the ZxRi, try this AppleALC with the new SSDT
View attachment 433659

The system-id is the same as your picture. This is a screenshot of mine:

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 12.21.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 12.38.03 PM.png

CodecCommander is not install to /L/E. It is install in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming G1. Back then was Gigabyte's flagship.

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 12.44.59 PM.png

I'll try your AppleALC and SSDT
Thanks in advance. You are one of the best helping people around in this forum. Usually I don't like to ask for help but this motherboard audio is complicated. With Mojave I had everything working including sleep but then sleep stop working after updating clover and kexts. Because I did that all at the same time now I dont know what cause the problem... With AppleALC alone and without CodecCommander I have audio through S/PDIF out only and HDMI audio....

I'll report back after trying your files. Thanks again. :)
Forgot to mention in using CodecCommander version 2.7.1 downloaded from Rehabman's fork of TimeWalker's

Last edited:
CodecCommander is not install to /L/E. It is install in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
CodecCommander must be in /L/E, otherwise the commands will be executed too early and have no influence.
With this AppleALC you have to use layout-id 4, but on the screenshot I can see that you already using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back