Contribute
Register

Creative CA0132 codec discussion (Sound Core3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that this is a PCIe card. Then you need to change at least the ACPI device name to HDEF, patch the HDAController ID to load the AppleHDA.kext. Also you have to set some bits in the BAR2 MMIO registers.
And set the mixer, which probably corresponds to the ZxR card.
VoodooHDA can at least handle the controller, but you still need to set up the mixer and the MMIO registers.
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, it is the PCI-E card.
I use VoodooHDA because I see it in a simpler way.
Can you please tell me where can I get information about the mixer ZxR and MMIO registers?
Just in case, attach the dump of my sound.
And, if I understand correctly, VoodooHDA understands it correctly without edits. Just to be able to access an AppleALC to card, what should I do with the edits? So that the AppleALC could work with her like a VoodooHDA. You can even fix this information in a hat so that stupid people like me can immediately see it.
Please forgive the grammar. I have a language barrier

Attachments

• dump_wern.txt
    29 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
I also thought about it, but I was worried that the job might be too hard for me.
I'm thinking of shifting my focus to become a programmer (or a web developer maybe), but I'm worried that my little brain won't be able to keep up. Oh well. :oops:
Change the sample rate to 96kHz with the Audio-MIDI-Setup.app. If that helps, I can force the AppleHDA to always set it to 96kHz.
The choppy sound seems to happen only when iTunes is at max volume, reducing it a bit from there seems to make the sound clear now (perhaps an EQ setting is enabled or something). Other sources (YouTube audio for instance) sound fine as well, so no worries there.
Run the GPIO_flags script while you have sound on the front headphones.
I must be doing something wrong in running the .scpt file. I get the error of "main.scptContents/macOS/hda-verb: no such file or directory" when it's looking for the hda-verb file (error comes after selecting a Bit from the GPIO tool).
Here a new .AML and GPIO-tool
I'm able to run the GPIO tool separately though, and here are my results. I'm assuming you want the results from the 1st Line-Out option of the top bar, where the front headphone jack is working, but can provide results for the other 2 Line-Out options as well if you like.
Using the new SSDT-ZxRi.aml without the GPIO tool, here are the results:
  • 1st Line-Out option from top bar = Fully working sound on Front Headphone port, static noise on Line-Out port.
  • 2nd Line-Out option from the top bar = Fully working sound on C/Sub port, static noise on Line-Out port.
  • 3rd Line-Out option from the top bar = Fully working sound on Rear Speakers port.
Using the new SSDT-ZxRi.aml and the GPIO tool, here's what I got:
  • Bit0 = fully working sound on C/Sub port and Front Headphone port at the same time :thumbup:. Static noise on Rear Headphone port.
  • Bit1 = No sound. Very low volume of music coming out of the C/sub port (when placing the speakers to my ears).
  • Bit2 = No sound at all from any port.
  • Bit3 = Again very low volume music output from the C/Sub port. Static noise on Line-Out port.
  • Bit0+3 = fully working sound on C/Sub port and Front Headphone port. Static noise on Line-Out port.
  • Bit0+2+3 = fully working sound on C/Sub port and Front Headphone port. Static noise on Line-Out port.
  • All_on = fully working sound on C/Sub port and Front Headphone port. Static noise on Line-Out port.
That's an amazing progress! Mic ports (both rear and front) still work too. I'm personally content with this (at least one rear port and one front port working), but if you wish to explore it further in the sake of improving the Hackintosh experience for all those with this codec, I'm all for it! :)

Hey I have Alienware 17r3 currently using VoodooHDA but its half works the sound works its crappy and I can't control the audio how can I get full sound control and better audio I have the Creative CA0132 codec? Can someone please help me im a newbie not very familiar with all the terms?

Ugh, I'm on a Z370 Aorus Gaming WIFI I got tricked into buying from a site where they said they had no problem getting hackintosh running on it. (I guess gigabyte was paying them to promo a crappy mobo or something)

Had to get a Fenvi card for wifi and will have ot use this solution you crafted for TravelerTechie and co. since the board uses the ZxRi also. I just hope it works well for audio production or we will have to get an add-in PCIe card.

***update** In terms of audio, BobDobbs, I see, has the same MoBo. Worried about crackling and popping and whatnot... Do you think getting a PCIe card could fix such issues or would it be more worthwhile to just write off the motherboard cost and get one with better native audio support and no crackling? **
**update2**The Creative® Sound Core 3D CA0132-4AN is on the Z370 Aorus Gaming WIFI according to a Gigabyte tech person.***

Just about to put everything together and start working on kexts and whatnot. Kicking myself about this board.

Last edited:
@anarki
I think you can write to the MMIO registers via an SSDT, but I do not know how. Without such a card it is difficult to make it work. If I understand better how the ZxRi mixer works, I can give you a test sample.

@TravelerTechie
We can keep testing.

@Dajokeisonu
Remove VoodooHDA, if available, AppleHDADisabler. Use AppleALC +Lilu.kext. Layout-id 1 should give you some basic functions. I think the Alienware 17 has a second headphone jack. If you need it, I can give you a new AppleALC for it to work.

@giorov
The Gaming WIFI should work with AppleALC and layout-id 4. According to the Gigabyte site, it has the R3Di codec.

@ALL ZxR users: Just a thought. If all ZxR user put some money together, and someone buys a used cheap Gaming 8, 9 mainboard (may be partially broken) and sends it to me. I will try to get the sound working, resell the mainboard on eBay and give you the money back. Hopefully not much less.

I tried removing voodoohda and layout id wouldnt work i couldnt do it the way it says for mojave those options werent there i tried injecting all codec layouts i dont know what to do

@Dajokeisonu
VoodooHDA is still loaded. Take a look at the Clover kext folders 10.14, Other and /System/Library, /System/Library/Extensions and delete it. If it still does not work, upload a new IOReg.

Still no audio my friend :(

Attachments

• Danny’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    4.5 MB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back