Contribute
Register

Creative CA0132 codec discussion (Sound Core3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank. But again, I'm not sure that I did everything right. I get FF FF FF FF
View attachment 433906
Not what I expected. The driver may need to be loaded. We need a way to read these values after starting macOS.
This is a possibility, I have already asked Mieze for help but she has not given me an answer yet.
In the meantime, you can try VoodooHDA from the attachment and the SSDT, but I'm not sure I did it right. Maybe someone with more ASL skills can help us set this bit mask.

EDIT:
I need the SSID of the card and the device path. But try the VoodooHDA anyway, assuming your SSID is 0x0023. Please tell me if you see a 5.1 device.

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    96 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I ran the script again after sleep and also while the front HP was working , both of them had the same result, but different from the first uploaded results... and Yes, the switcher applet switch the HP on but it didn't switch it off. This test worked only with SSDT-ZxRi_ALC.aml and layout 1. HP test didn't work with the SSDT-ZxRi.aml and layout-id 4 but both mics (rear and front) where working. With layout 1 both mic inputs where also working. Plugin in the HP automatically switches audio output from HDMI to HP but when doing the same thing with rear HP input the audio "tries" to switch also because audio signal stops comming out of HDMI output but nothing comes out of the rear HP output, even that plugin the cable in makes the audio stop from HDMI output...
This is the script output:
View attachment 434507
For better understanding:
Stream 14 = front speakers
Stream 15 = c/sub
Stream 16 = rear surround
For the front speakers to work, the destination of stream 14 should be 91.

Show me the output of the new script, right after the start. Then try the menulet that will allow you to switch to the headphones. If this does not work, the ZxRi on your G1 mainboard is configured differently (not uncommon for Creative) and we have to do other the tests.

Attachments

• ZxRiSwitcher.zip
    75.1 KB · Views: 76
  • GPIOs_flags_params.sh.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 63
Not what I expected. The driver may need to be loaded. We need a way to read these values after starting macOS.
This is a possibility, I have already asked Mieze for help but she has not given me an answer yet.
In the meantime, you can try VoodooHDA from the attachment and the SSDT, but I'm not sure I did it right. Maybe someone with more ASL skills can help us set this bit mask.

EDIT:
I need the SSID of the card and the device path. But try the VoodooHDA anyway, assuming your SSID is 0x0023. Please tell me if you see a 5.1 device.
I can do it in Windows with drivers, if it possible

For better understanding:
Stream 14 = front speakers
Stream 15 = c/sub
Stream 16 = rear surround
For the front speakers to work, the destination of stream 14 should be 91.

Show me the output of the new script, right after the start. Then try the menulet that will allow you to switch to the headphones. If this does not work, the ZxRi on your G1 mainboard is configured differently (not uncommon for Creative) and we have to do other the tests.

This is the output of the new script:

Screen Shot 2019 right after power on:start.png

Output with old script:
Screen Shot After restarting from windows.png

After turning HP with "menulet":
Screen Shot 2019 after turning HP on.pngScreen Shot 2019 front HP output.png Screen Shot HP .png

Using the provided "menulet" I get c/sub and rear, but not front output...

Screen Shot 2019 c:sub.png Screen Shot 2019 rear.png

After testing all available options and combinations with the ZxRi Switcher menu options, I still don't have front output.
Both internal mic inputs are working. SPDIF out also works.

Note: All this test was realize using CodecCommander_CA0132.kext install at /Library/Extensions, layout id: 4 and
AppleALC.kext_1.4.2_ZxRi. Rear HP output doesn't works.

I thank you for all the progress being done :clap:. I hope this can be finish in the future. My GAZ170X-Gaming G1 is almost perfect. The only issues I was facing where sleep and audio. Now I have sleep working again and audio is almost resolve :thumbup::):lol:.

Last edited:
I can do it in Windows with drivers, if it possible
This can be done in Windows, but does not help us. We have to read the values while VoodooHDA is loaded.

Note: All this test was realize using CodecCommander_CA0132.kext install at /Library/Extensions
This is clearly the issue if you use that CodecCommander. CodecCommander_CA0132.kext has a profile for the R3Di codec and does not work with the ZxRi. Download CC from here and install it. There is no profile, but you use the SSDT instead.

The first page needs to be edited!

This is clearly the issue if you use that CodecCommander. CodecCommander_CA0132.kext has a profile for the R3Di codec and does not work with the ZxRi. Download CC from here and install it. There is no profile, but you use the SSDT instead.

The first page needs to be edited!
Thanks, I'll try it and report later...

Thanks, I'll try it and report later...
I wonder if you have already tried the CodecCommander without CA0132 profile? Suppose you have a 5.1 sound system, can you please try if all speakers have an output when you choose FakeSurround?

I wonder if you have already tried the CodecCommander without CA0132 profile? Suppose you have a 5.1 sound system, can you please try if all speakers have an output when you choose FakeSurround?
No, it's not working yet. I didn't report back because I'm still doing my homework. I'm reading more about AppleALC, CodecCommander and Pin configurator. My codec is CA0132 but my motherboard has the Triple Upgradable OP-Amps's, I'm wondering if this is what makes my board different from other GA-Z170X series...
Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 8.25.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 8.21.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 8.31.26 AM.png

I'll report back as soon as possible. If you have a suggestion just let me know... Thanks :thumbup:

Last edited:
No, it's not working yet. I didn't report back because I'm still doing my homework. I'm reading more about AppleALC, CodecCommander and Pin configurator. My codec is CA0132 but my motherboard has the Triple Upgradable OP-Amps's, I'm wondering if this is what makes my board different from other GA-Z170X series...
View attachment 435285

View attachment 435286

View attachment 435288

I'll report back as soon as possible. If you have a suggestion just let me know... Thanks :thumbup:
I own the GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 mainboard with the Recon3Di codec, layout 1-6 are made for this and will not work with the ZxRi codec.
Right now I have a GA-Z270X-Gaming 9 mainboard (got it from a work buddy) with the ZxRi codec that should be the same as yours (SSID 0xa046). I use OC, with Clover it seems to work a bit differently (I'ill look for the differences later), but it should work.
What you can try:
Power of the computer for about a minute (to empty the caps).
Try the new SSDT.
Let the computer go into sleep mode and run the clearDSP applet.
Upload an IORegdump, please use the IORegistryexplorer 2,1.
We can also retrieve the required values from Windows, if installed. So far, I can say that it works here with the Gaming 9 mainboard.

Attachments

• SSDT-ZxRi.aml.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back