Yay or Blaaaaah?

• Yay!

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Blaaaaah.

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’m about to get Corsair one pro with 1080 and 7700k for 700€. I read this thread several times and what I can understand is:
The most is working but not WiFi and Bluetooth (any possible solution?)
Anything more I need to know? I still can pull me out from the 700€ deal but it feels like a good deal but if it’s not possible to get full functional Hackintosh it will be dealbreaker.

You can always get a USB Wireless/BT. I haven't seen inside a Corsair one, but I bet if you disassemble it you'll find an m.2 Wifi/BT card, which can be replaced.

700€ for a Corsair One Pro is a decent price! I'd go for it.

Sorry for the late reply, the Wifi/BT card does not work inside of mac os, it will cause random kernal panics if you don't remove/disable it. There are adapters you can buy to use one of the Broadcom/apple cards with a standard m.2. You will be able to get full use up to MacOS High Sierra. I assume you will be able to get Mojave working when they release the Nvidia driver for Mojave. The only thing I had to use to get it to boot was dart=0 and to get audio was HDAS to HDEF. I changed the Devices>Audio>inject to 1 and that got all of my audio devices configured.

It's been good man. yeah its been quiet and stable. I have only had to do normal hackintosh maintenance stuff.

WIFI does not work, but Bluetooth does 90% of the time, tested with AUKEY BT Audio Receiver, Apple Magic TrackPad & Apple Magic Keyboard. Boot into windows10 and then boot back into MacOS seem to always fix it.

Make sure you have a way to make the fan rev up when the CPU is working. The Fan is controlled by the GPU (and tracks it's needs in hardware) additional software (CorsairLink) is used to speed up the fan on hi CPU use.

That's a great news. I have had Broadcom/apple card on my previous build and it worked just fine. The only thing is that one is not allowing any modifications to hardware that's a problem, so how to change wifi card is a question, and no instructions can be found. What's are solutions with USB wifi cards?

WIFI does not work, but Bluetooth does 90% of the time, tested with AUKEY BT Audio Receiver, Apple Magic TrackPad & Apple Magic Keyboard. Boot into windows10 and then boot back into MacOS seem to always fix it.

Make sure you have a way to make the fan rev up when the CPU is working. The Fan is controlled by the GPU (and tracks it's needs in hardware) additional software (CorsairLink) is used to speed up the fan on hi CPU use.

Is it possible to install CorasairLink to control the fan and water cooling ?

Is it possible to install CorasairLink to control the fan and water cooling ?
They don't have a mac version of their link software. I moved my fan to another header on the motherboard with a fan extension. The Buyers guide has a bunch of Bluetooth and WiFi adapters with links here.

They don't have a mac version of their link software. I moved my fan to another header on the motherboard with a fan extension. The Buyers guide has a bunch of Bluetooth and WiFi adapters with links here.
Can you please provide a link or something to the fan extension you've used? Maybe more details on how to if possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back