CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
UHD630/GTX 1070
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Corsair's first fully built PC is here and it's called the "Corsair One". http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/one

Do you guys think it's cool? Would you consider buying one, or would you like manufacturers to make cases like this?

I think this is a brilliant idea and I bet more manufacturers are going to take note. This is a case and build that I've always wanted to have, but there hasn't been any options for a case like this. With "One" you get a lot of power in a small package, and according to reviews, it's really quiet and performs well.

Has anybody got this yet? Have you installed OSX on it? I know there is still no NVidia drivers for the 1000 series cards, and probably never will be, but you could run OSX on the integrated graphics and then run games on Windows, using the full power of the 1070 or 1080.

Mac Pro (the bin) is superior than this One.

I like the idea that use one central heat sink and fan for the whole system.

Shame on Apple for not upgrading it (and charing for $$$).

Yes it is in terms of CPU power and design. But Bin Pro especially is bad when you think about upgradeability.

My dream is to have a small tower PC like the One, with the thermal core turbine cooling like the Bin Pro. With the chance for an future component upgrade. I think it's the smartest way to cool a computer. If there is a way to use liquid cooling with the thermal core, that would be even better.

Yes it is in terms of CPU power and design. But Bin Pro especially is bad when you think about upgradeability.
The one is not supposed to be upgraded either. Corsair does not even recommend it. Yes you can do it, but you are not supposed to. You can build a similarly specked computer for less and have full upgradeability. You just loose the form factor.

With the forthcoming GTX 10xx drivers for macOS, this could be a nice pre-built that can be made into a Hackintosh…!

Indeed. Exciting times! That's a pretty good deal for a pre-built system in terms of size, performance and noise level. Of course I still want the option to build my own system with a case and cooling solution like Corsair's One.

Hi guys,

New user here, but long time aspirer. I figure I would give an update to this thread as I recently got a Corsair one pro. I love it for gaming but my gf wanted an iMac, so I tried to solve both problems. I will share what I did to get it into mac os. I still have to load all the drivers for stuff, but I am in sierra os!

Unibeast: I first started with the unibeast and while it installed Mac OS sierra on the external HD fine, when trying to boot the new sierra installation in the next step, it froze after the apple logo, with a crossed out circle. I decided to switch to clover so I can see with verbose, what was happening.

Clover: Using clover this time with verbose, I saw that a kernel panicked with:

"unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".../IOPlatformExpert.cpp:

I searched the forums and other places for a solution and tried a couple. In using clover configurator, I unchecked all the options under the ACPI section. After this, I was able to install and load Sierra on the external HD.

I probably have a way to go to make sure the different components work, but just wanted to let those know who are curious, that it is possible to do.

p.s. im a newb with this stuff and don't know what all the functions do (such as what disabling ACPI fixes in the configurator does), but was excited that its up and running and wanted to share.

Hi guys,
p.s. im a newb with this stuff and don't know what all the functions do (such as what disabling ACPI fixes in the configurator does), but was excited that its up and running and wanted to share.
Hi darkrogue.

Thanks for sharing your experience and welcome to the hackintosh world!

Clover has a good manual here:
https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Contents
If you look inside the item 7.2 (Config.plist structure) you'll find a shrt explanation for most of the options.

After that, if there are still things you don't understand, you can go to the Clover thread here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304530-clover-change-explanations/page-1
and check the description of each new release. It really helped me get a grip on some of the options.

Good luck and enjoy your Corsair One!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back