Yay or Blaaaaah?

• Yay!

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Blaaaaah.

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the EFI you posted worked like a charm thanks. ...I'll update as I get further.

NP ;) My pleasure

the next big step is to get the Mag Lev Fan (Lovely Big Top One) working either with the BIOS or with OpenLink software. I didn't have time/luck to get this working.

In linux or MacOS this fan will not respond to temp changes.

NP ;) My pleasure

the next big step is to get the Mag Lev Fan (Lovely Big Top One) working either with the BIOS or with OpenLink software. I didn't have time/luck to get this working.

In linux or MacOS this fan will not respond to temp changes.
I'll have to look into that, I wonder if plugging it into the cpu header with a 4 pin spliter would do the trick.
Also any luck on your end with High Sierra? I'm still having the reboot after apple logo issue. I think its GPU related but all of the workarounds I have tied have turned up empty.

The base hardware in the Corsair One (i7-7700K,Z270, GTX 1080/1080Ti) is all well supported. There is no reason why it shouldn't work. Though some tweaking may be needed initially to get the bootloader to ignore/avoid any unsupported hardware they may bundle in the system like Bluetooth/WiFi/Add in cards.

Sorry for the late update, but I got High Sierra working 100% on the Corsair One minus the wifi card. Thanks for the tip @jhob. I plan on doing a success post later. Thanks for all of the help guys!
Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 2.37.04 PM.png

Sorry for the late update, but I got High Sierra working 100% on the Corsair One minus the wifi card. Thanks for the tip @jhob. I plan on doing a success post later. Thanks for all of the help guys!View attachment 303662

I also have a Corsair one pro that i would like to turn into a hackintosh, but i don't understand anything on this thread:(
Im looking forward on your success post!

Hi,

I'm new to this Hackintosh world. I'm considering returning my iMac Pro, and getting a Corsair One instead (7700K, 1080TI). This would involve quite a bit of manoeuvring, so I need to be certain that this would actually work. Are there anyone here who are running OSX on a Corsair One, who could share their experiences? I see Donnager is running OSX, but have only confirmed a successful OSX install so far. Does the OSX software actually work? Would programs like Avid Sibelius, Logic Pro and Final Cut Pro work properly?

Some good advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry for the late update, but I got High Sierra working 100% on the Corsair One minus the wifi card. Thanks for the tip @jhob. I plan on doing a success post later. Thanks for all of the help guys!View attachment 303662

Did you get the M.2 NVME SSD working? If so please post a some tips, working my way through This Guide....

I'll have to look into that, I wonder if plugging it into the cpu header with a 4 pin spliter would do the trick.
Also any luck on your end with High Sierra? I'm still having the reboot after apple logo issue. I think its GPU related but all of the workarounds I have tied have turned up empty.

waiting for the success post!

I've got High Sierra Working, the nvidia driver (387.10.10.10.30.103) is not always smooth, but is stable, and I installed 10.12 (Sierra), because it's a easier, but then re-installed to High Sierra to get the NVME drive working (which is hella fast). Here is my EFI->CLOVER Folder. Hope this helps you boot. Do NOT install the CUDA driver, it left my system unbootable, I had to restore from backup.

The issue with the fan is that it is used to cool *both* the GPU and the CPU, by pulling air through the top of the chimney designed case through the sided radiators. Now if the GPU alway lags behind and then follows the CPU this (CPU Fan Header) solution is fine (tho, have not tried). However if you mine or do other GPU only intended tasks you run the risk of having a hot GPU (with a cool CPU).

I have had no success with the opencorsairlink software, but smckit reads the GPU & CPU temp, so a solution is very possible: to have a little daemon track the GPU & CPU temps and scale the fan based on the maximum. This daemon could control the fan via the unused internal USB3 port, and a small microcontroller.

This is the plan ... but for now i just have an extra fan on top of my device, when pushing it (ie. Compilation, Renders or Games). Temps are chill, noise is acceptable.

FYI, I have the 9...09-NA Model, WIFI does not work, BlueTooth trackpad does. Sleep gets randomly interrupted.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 184
The issue with the fan is that it is used to cool *both* the GPU and the CPU, by pulling air through the top of the chimney designed case through the sided radiators. Now if the GPU alway lags behind and then follows the CPU this (CPU Fan Header) solution is fine (tho, have not tried). However if you mine or do other GPU only intended tasks you run the risk of having a hot GPU (with a cool CPU).

Replying to myself, more experimentation reveals that the fan *does* follows the GPU Temp (Likely Coolant Temp), and not the CPU so the addition of the CPU_FAN1's PWM into the mix should do the trick, no need for USB/SMC/Software Component. A hardware "PWM" maximum forwarding circuit is need to merge the current PWM being sent to the fan and the one generated by the motherboard/bios at CPU_FAN1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back