Contribute
Register

Convert videos multiple apps running hackintosh build help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found powermac g5 case with fan $66 no power supply but I do see ps for around $35
i will do some research to see if this can work i saw sonetging about it needing to be modded. Any mac pro or powermac cases that fit my current set up? if someone can help me find resources quicker that would be nice.

Most Mac Pro or Power PC G series would have a hard time fitting a full size ATX board. Extensive mods are needed to swap out the apple board for a pc board (I/O backplate has to be cut out to fit in pc I/O shield, new hole cut in for power cord connection to psu, board standoffs cut off and ned standoffs soldered/guled in for a pc board, etc.)

If you are looking for ease of install, a mac case mod is not what you want.
If really interested search the customization forum - http://www.tonymacx86.com/customization/

Sounds like to much work. I'll just keep looking for a nice cheap case or keep my dimension case. Which looks horrible by the way. Lol

Sounds like to much work. I'll just keep looking for a nice cheap case or keep my dimension case. Which looks horrible by the way. Lol

If that is the tower case some of the Dells at work use, then I agree - one of the ugliest cases around.

So far I bought intel i5-3570k, z77-ds3h, corsair vengeance 16GB, Targus USB bluetooth adapter all for $396

Still looking for ssd and I've decided to get a case since I've saved so much from the deal. Can anyone lead me to a case that looks similar to apples style. If I find I will also post thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back