HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I normally convert videos watch movies online I will be using a 1080p 46 inch HDTV so hdmi is needed I will also do some video editing soon nothing to crazy just something that can handle hd videos. Is there an option that isn't over $700? I need something that can handle light adobe and maya task. A Mac mini base model can handle these task.

I also need bluetooth and wifi I have apple wireless keyboard and trackpad

I've seen this already just trying to get an idea from someone who has build already there are so many choices on there. Plus i already have tp-link 108m wireless adapter (tl-wn650g) so i want to know if that works and also the power supply how much power should i go for.
I do have a dimension 8200 tower with original power supply and fan i was told HD4000 graphics would be max i can go if using this tower so that would mean my option would be to go for the Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core is this correct?

If i do get this can i add a graphics card later even though there is one built in?

Hackintosh that can handle multiple running programs

Intel Core i7-3820 Quad-Core Processor 3.6 GHz 10 MB Cache or Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I53570K Do i need CPU Cooler?

Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 AMD CrossFireX/NVIDIA SLI Dual LAN Dual UEFI BIOS ATX Motherboard GA-Z77X-UD5H

Corsair XMS3 16GB (4x 4GB) PC3-10666 1333MHz DDR3 Memory Kit for AMD and Intel Dual Channel Processors

Targus USB Bluetooth® Adapter - Class 2 or any other recommended ones

Order Total: $549.37

Items I already have

Dell Dimension 8200 case with original power supply and fan.

ihas 124 b DVD RW drive (works with mac mini as external drive I am using it now)

tp-link 108m wireless adapter (tl-wn650g)

maxtor diamondmax 10 model 6l200p0 (200gb hd) and external HD will upgrade HD later

Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion on DVD DL and USB

Apple Wireless Keyboard
Apple Magic Trackpad

I will add EVGA GeForce GT 640 2048MB GDDR3 Dual DVI, mHDMI Graphics Cards if the on board from motherboard isn't good enough.
I also want to know if i add this graphics card will the recommended power supplies fit in this case? (dell dimension 8200)

Is this good enough for someone who converts video and wants to run other programs at once. Basically I don't want it to slow down while i am using the computer to edit video in the future or while converting video. I have a mac mini base model 2.3ghz will this be running noticeably better? Thanks

An LGA2011 CPU or a LGA1155 CPU fits in a LGA1155 motherboard? Guess it.:mrgreen:

The case looks very ordinary to me, but it would be safe to get the PSU's size and compare with the one you want to use.

To Original poster - Okay, first off decide what software you know your going to use. AEffects, FCPX, MAYA, Blender, Daz3D, Ugli-a Ugli-aa.

You have a great advantage having so many parts already in hand. Know, the GTX640 will more then likely require 10.8. The advantage to using HD3000 or HD4000 will be that your card can be dedicated to number crunching in your video editing or video conversion software. Do you need it though, no.

Get 2 X 8GB of RAM. It will leave for the ability to expand in the future.

Other then that your looking good.

To Original poster - Okay, first off decide what software you know your going to use. AEffects, FCPX, MAYA, Blender, Daz3D, Ugli-a Ugli-aa.

You have a great advantage having so many parts already in hand. Know, the GTX640 will more then likely require 10.8. The advantage to using HD3000 or HD4000 will be that your card can be dedicated to number crunching in your video editing or video conversion software. Do you need it though, no.

Get 2 X 8GB of RAM. It will leave for the ability to expand in the future.

Other then that your looking good.

Thanks I have maya have not used it yet. I will probably use FCP or similar movie editing software. vmware fusion, macx video converter etc.

Corsair Vengeance 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz was what i meant to put and Intel Core i7-3770 Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 was what i meant thanks to people who actually help not make jokes

I am going to go with the Intel Core i7-3770 Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 since it has HD4000 and i will not need a video card. Maybe later down the road
Is the Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 Dual UEFI BIOS ATX Motherboard GA-Z77-DS3H not as good in a noticeable way I am not good with knowing details on motherboards. All i know is that i just want this to work on 46inch hdtv and run fast.

Order Total: $641.92
with Intel Core i7-3770 Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155
Order Total: $565.92 with Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 Dual UEFI BIOS ATX Motherboard GA-Z77-DS3H instead of Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 AMD CrossFireX/NVIDIA SLI Dual LAN Dual UEFI BIOS ATX Motherboard GA-Z77X-UD5H

Price listed is for anyone who wants to know total

as what i meant thanks to people who actually help not make jokes

I am going to go with the Intel Core i7-3770 Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 since it has HD4000 and i will not need a video card. Maybe later down the road
Is the Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 Dual UEFI BIOS ATX Motherboard GA-Z77-DS3H not as good in a noticeable way I am not good with knowing details on motherboards. All i know is that i just want this to work on 46inch hdtv and run fast.
l

If you go to gigabytes websight and find your board page there is a "add to compare list" box at the right you can check. Then go to the page of the board you want to compare it to and do the same. Then click on the compare now button. Very handy feature of Gigabyte site.
Basically, the -UD5 has more features than the DS3H - more pci slots, more SATA ports, more USB ports. A second LAN port. Different audio codec.

What you should do is look at both boards from the use point of view - are you ever going to use that feature? Do you need that extra pci slot? Then make your decision. Other than those extra features, there is little difference in the basic boards.

Going Bald, pinned the tail on the donkey correctly! Let your needs decide what board you purchase.

If FCP either 7 or X is your editing suite then HD4000 will be fine.

Your in a unique position though. Maya, may perform better with a dedicated Video Card or GPU? Do some research and find out the needs of the software. At that point you will know for sure if a GPU is needed.

Good luck and stay in touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back