Contribute
Register

Convert videos multiple apps running hackintosh build help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going Bald, pinned the tail on the donkey correctly! Let your needs decide what board you purchase.

If FCP either 7 or X is your editing suite then HD4000 will be fine.

Your in a unique position though. Maya, may perform better with a dedicated Video Card or GPU? Do some research and find out the needs of the software. At that point you will know for sure if a GPU is needed.

Good luck and stay in touch.
Thanks This is my first build so i don't really know what i will need as far as mb goes

Maya runs on base mac mini so i think it should work fine. I am still researching on motherboards I might just go with the GA-Z77X-UD5H reading reviews makes me go back and forth with this and GA-Z77-DS3H

I understand what your saying about the boards.
If the DS3 works for your needs and HD3/4000 is all you will then that makes the decision simpler. Again, good luck. Stay in touch and let the community know how else we can help.

I have made some changes to add ssd as boot drive.

SanDisk Extreme
SATA 6Gb/s
120GB SSD

8GB Corsair

1600Mhz DDR3

Intel Core i5-3570K

GA-Z77-DS3H

Targus Bluetooth
USB Adapter
(ACB10US)

With my dimension 8200 case with origianl fan and power supply
i hope this case is good enough for my build with the current fan and ps

RAM is cheap, get 16GB.

RAM is cheap, get 16GB.

Will that help with what I want? I don't want to have freeze moments while converting video files or multitask. I thought 8gb was fine as long as I have ssd? What should I add or upgrade to complete?

If I want to add a graphics card later on down the line will I need to upgrade my case? (dimension 8200) if so is it because power supply? Would I just be able to change the power supply? Thanks. After this I am clicking on complete order lol

Find out how much room you have in your tower for video cards. Also, if I remember the power supply in use is a 650Watt. That will power almost any video card.

Good luck.
Think it's 250 because that's what I'm seeing in specs from online. I need tools to open and check because I couldn't see anything when I looked last night. Also my fan is dirty so I will look into my budget. I need a cheap one

Think it's 250 because that's what I'm seeing in specs from online. I need tools to open and check because I couldn't see anything when I looked last night. Also my fan is dirty so I will look into my budget. I need a cheap one
I found powermac g5 case with fan $66 no power supply but I do see ps for around $35
i will do some research to see if this can work i saw sonetging about it needing to be modded. Any mac pro or powermac cases that fit my current set up? if someone can help me find resources quicker that would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back