Contribute
Register

Control CPU's fans : Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 / watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like your AIO cooler is borked, whether that is the pump not working or something else as your idle temps are way too high.

If your CPU came with an Intel Stock CPU cooler, you would probably get better and quieter cooling from the stock heatsink and fan than you are currently getting from your AIO cooler.

If you don't have the stock cooler any longer, Basic Air coolers are reasonably inexpensive and available from Amazon or other online retailers.

Something like this Artic Freezer 7 cooler would be fine.

As would this larger (120mm fan) Thermalright cooler.

Something like this Thermalright double fan cooler would be overkill for your CPU.

You can of course pay a lot more for a Noctua cooler, but I doubt you would see much difference.

Last edited:
Thank's. I did order ultimately the same AIO cooler (Corsair Hydro H115i). I'll see if it's better. I'll keep you in touch. (For info, just chrome and microsoft Office open right now : 47°C)
That's an interesting choice, makes sure you follow the instructions and use the right stand offs in the correct orientation (if needed). I say that because sometimes one of the two threaded sides is longer and it will make a difference how the cooling head contacts the CPU.

Some news : change the AIO cooler with a new one : problem solved : 26 C° (never thought would be this problem o_O).

Still can't control fans though. Macs Fan Control says : reset SMC !
I'm on OC 0.8.8 with those SMC (attachement) in the EFI on a Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7, on Monterey. Any ideas ?
Thank's guys :clap:

Attachments

• SMCProcessor.kext.zip
    15 KB · Views: 19
  • SMCRadeonGPU.kext.zip
    11.7 KB · Views: 16
  • SMCSuperIO.kext.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 15
  • VirtualSMC.kext.zip
    73.7 KB · Views: 11
Some news : change the AIO cooler with a new one : problem solved : 26 C° (never thought would be this problem o_O).

Still can't control fans though. Macs Fan Control says : reset SMC !
I'm on OC 0.8.8 with those SMC (attachement) in the EFI on a Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7, on Monterey. Any ideas ?
Thank's guys :clap:
I've never used Macs Fan Control and so not familiar with its capabilities but assuming you have the AIO fans plugged into the CPU Fan Header and the pump plugged into CPU OPT header are you not able to adjust fan behavior in the bios? Sometimes there is an option there to select AIO as a fan control option I would check, there can also be options for fan behavior various profiles and or custom selections. Really though if they are set as default, unless that model AIO is noisy, it should run cool and reasonably quiet.

There is indeed an adjustement in the BIOS (put on "quiet mode" / no much more options than quiet/default and go fast !!!). And now they're quiet :thumbup: !
But I would like to control some fans on my own..
Might be able to in Windows if Gigabyte has a utility that controls fan speed. Never tried or needed to in OSX. Maybe someone else has some insight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back