Contribute
Register

Control CPU's fans : Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 / watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just succeed Monterey's install and change thermal paste (new one, but the old looked ok, no plastic ;)).
now CPU is 50°C...looks better.
Fans' speed are 400 (OK) for one and 1500 (fast but still quiet) for the other. Still can't control it though.

My bad, I just reboot...and look in the BIOS (smart Fan 5) for a long time. CPU gets to 76°C (stable), fans running faster again ! Just sill in the BIOS. not even on MacOS. Is something wrong ???

Last edited:
Just succeed Monterey's install and change thermal paste (new one, but the old looked ok, no plastic ;)).
now CPU is 50°C...looks better.
Fans' speed are 400 (OK) for one and 1500 (fast but still quiet) for the other. Still can't control it though.

My bad, I just reboot...and look in the BIOS (smart Fan 5) for a long time. CPU gets to 76°C (stable), fans running faster again ! Just sill in the BIOS. not even on MacOS. Is something wrong ???
Short answer, yes something is wrong. Idle temps are way too high. Your AIO is either installed incorrectly, wrong stand off maybe, or it's malfunctioning.

Well, now that I'm in Monterey, the CPU is down to 47°C...and sill (but I'm doing nothing) ????

Still too high for idle

Ok, if it's hardware, 150$ !!! I'm gonna wait...
Up to you, you don’t need an AIO to cool that CPU though. Pretty much any decent air cooler will handle it better than what you have now. Your call

You're probably right, but if it's not the problem...:crazy:
Have you tried checking to see if the cooling head is snugly mounted? If it's not making good contact then it wouldn't be able to cool properly. Personally IMHO I think 100% its a CPU hardware cooling issue, idle temps in the bios show that being its OS independent. If temps are really lower is OSX I'd be questioning if those readings were accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back