Contribute
Register

Config.plist editing or the blind cannot lead the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corrupt a perfectly readable file? It is not loaded just for one syntax error...

Do you know where Clover is reading this phantom config.plist defining the machine in case the main config file get dropped?

Do you know where Clover is reading this phantom config.plist defining the machine in case the main config file get dropped?
I can only guess and I set out my proposals in Post #14.

It is not loaded just for one syntax error...
Exactly that.

Try a new config.plist.
Try OpenCore instead of Clover, it is better documented and supported.

After tinkering with those awful codes I somewhat was able to fix the config.plist so that at least was loading in the Configurator without issues: still I don't know how to use that sw to set any proper options.

In any case after fixing the file I was able to login only disabling both nVidia Web Driver and Intel Graphics in the Clover Master Boot Screen / Options !
Audio and USB were properly loaded but no Graphic was found by CUDA as evidently it was loaded as nVidia VESA 7MB...

I reinstalled the proper driver although it was already present and restarted but again the boot went half way before a restart and only after I disabled Intel Graphics in the Clover Master Boot Screen / Options I was able to login and to my surprise I did see again some contradictions in the system definitions' panels (in the Config.plist it is MacPro6,1)
HS00.jpg

but at least the nVidia card was active again, and so are the USB ports and Audio!

It still remains to be seen how I should permanently set the options I set in the Master Boot Screen: I understand the Options are set once and remains as such, while the temporary options are those you set with the Space Bar. Correct?

It still remains to be seen how I should permanently set the options I set in the Master Boot Screen: I understand the Options are set once and remains as such, while the temporary options are those you set with the Space Bar. Correct?
permanent options are saved in your config.plist

Can you suggest a man to write those options in the config.plist?

PS I mean something readable by a JoBlo, a common human being? ;)
you can edit your own config.plist, it is a fundamental part of hackintoshing

whatever changes you made in the clover boot screen, edit them into your config.plist

Corrupt a perfectly readable file? It is not loaded just for one syntax error...

Can you suggest a man to write those options in the config.plist?

PS I mean something readable by a JoBlo, a common human being? ;)
You CAN use Clover Configurator to edit and check your config.plist. However it will be dependent on the version of Clover that you are using (it is quite picky as the one you use must match up with the Clover version release date). More than likely your iMac settings are still present in one of the PlatformInfo field boxes, that's why it shows up the way it does in the System Profiler.

To be honest I think you should consider doing a port over from Clover to Opencore using the online Dortania guide. It might seem like an uphill struggle at first, but believe me once you've seen what it can do, you won't want to go back. That's because by then instead of second-guessing what your settings are, you'll know what is required based on your hardware, since Dortania has a full install guide for each platform. And in case you ever think you've made an error, Opencore also has an online sanity checker so you can upload your config.plist for it to check against. But this only works up to OC 0.6.6. at present. And on the plus side upgrading to OC means you can start to run Catalina or the latest Monterey.

I don't believe OC would be a good choice for me:

# OpenCore's shortcomings​

The majority of Clover's functionality is actually supported in OpenCore in the form of some quirk, however when transitioning you should pay close attention to OpenCore's missing features as this may or may not affect yourself:

• Does not support booting MBR-based operating systems
    • Work around is to chain-load rEFInd once in OpenCore
  • Does not support UEFI-based VBIOS patching
    • This can be done in macOS however
  • Does not support automatic DeviceProperty injection for legacy GPUs
  • Does not support IRQ conflict patching
  • Does not support P and C state generation for older CPUs
  • Does not support Hardware UUID Injection
  • Does not support auto-detection for many Linux bootloader
    • Can be resolved by adding an entry in BlessOverride
  • Does not support many of Clover's XCPM patches
    • ie. Ivy Bridge XCPM patches
  • Does not support hiding specific drives
  • Does not support changing settings within OpenCore's menu
  • Does not patch PCIRoot UID value
  • Does not support macOS-only ACPI injection and patching

# Does macOS support Nvidia GPUs?​

Due to issues revolving around Nvidia support in newer versions of macOS, many users have somehow come to the conclusion that macOS never supported Nvidia GPUs and don't at this point. However, Apple actually still maintains and supports Macs with Nvidia GPUs in their latest OS, like the 2013 MacBook Pro models with Kepler GPUs.

The main issue has to do with any newer Nvidia GPUs, as Apple stopped shipping machines with them and thus they never had official OS support from Apple. Instead, users had to rely on Nvidia for 3rd party drivers. Due to issues with Apple's newly introduced Secure Boot, they could no longer support the Web Drivers and thus Nvidia couldn't publish them for newer platforms limiting them to mac OS 10.13, High Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back