Contribute
Register

Config.plist editing or the blind cannot lead the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I remove all Chamaleon traces from the SSD? Extra folder and Boot file? I believe the iMac is coming from the USB UniBeast when I installed High Sierra.
your config.plist via clover is showing MacPro6,1

yes, remove all chameleon stuff

The Boot file is from Chameleon, right?

Yes, exactly: in the config.plist I still have the same definition, but if I go About this mac I get the iMac. Go figure! And no USB 2 are working anymore...

The Boot file is from Chameleon, right?

Yes, exactly: in the config.plist I still have the same definition, but if I go About this mac I get the iMac. Go figure! And no USB 2 are working anymore...
then it doesn't look like it is booting from your clover

zip and upload your EFI and also your extra folder

Clear NVRAM.

Disconnect any additional drives.
Check that Clover has not been installed in both Legacy and UEFI modes.
Check that there is not a USB installer in any port.
Delete or rename old Chimera/Chameleon folders.
Set BIOS boot options to UEFI only.

Clear NVRAM.

Disconnect any additional drives.
Check that Clover has not been installed in both Legacy and UEFI modes.
Check that there is not a USB installer in any port.
Delete or rename old Chimera/Chameleon folders.
Set BIOS boot options to UEFI only.
The Chameleon has nothing to do with the iMac definition as it was set on a MacPro 3.1.
I've moved out the Extra folder into a subdir T.
Indeed it boots from the Clover EFI and the BIOS confirm it's booting from the UEFI partition on the SSD.
No USB are attached.
then it doesn't look like it is booting from your clover

zip and upload your EFI and also your extra folder
Will check if there is any left over hidden in the EFI partition: should I reformat it?
I will restore the EFI (I have a cloned disk working with the 'defective' plist) and zip it here.

Here is the EFI.

It occurred to me maybe it is loading from the EFI backup: is it possible?

I edited out the SN and BiosVersion from the Config.plist. I eliminated from the ZIP the APPLE dir with the upgraded firmwares too

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 56
Here is the EFI.

It occurred to me maybe it is loading from the EFI backup: is it possible?

I edited out the SN and BiosVersion from the Config.plist. I eliminated from the ZIP the APPLE dir with the upgraded firmwares too
can't tell what smbios you are using, you only need to remove your serial number and rom number

also you still have 2 <key>KextsToPatch</key>

also no need to inject Intel if you are using nvidia card

So nobody knows where this other definition is coming from? Is it from the EFI backup Clover is doing on the install disk whenever I had the Apple updates?
Should I also delete these EFI backups, reformat the EFI (is it a FAT 32 partition, isn't it?) and copy back the working EFI?
I will check again about the <key> double entry; about the SMBIOS strings I removed they were accepted both as valid for a MacPro 6,1 (Late 2013) as shown in the first screenshot

Now I have deleted the double <key>KextsToPatch</key> entries and also removed two tags </array> and <array> that were in between all the <dict> entries for that <key>.

I've reset the NVRAM with F11 at CMBS.

On the Clover Master Boot Screen keyboard and mouse were working on the USB2 WiFi dongle but one on the Login Screen I had to move the dongle to the front USB3.

In the About This Mac I get an iMac 13,2 without any of the back USB BUT with the audio!

Loading the config.plist in CC the error is now on the last line (365) as Close tag dict does not match an open tag dict. Visually I cannot see where is the mistake....

In the EFI/Clover/config.plist SMBIOS I still have the MacPro 6,1 so the riddle about the source for the iMac remains a unsolved...

Last edited:
So nobody knows where this other definition is coming from?
How can they ?

Is it from the EFI backup Clover is doing on the install disk whenever I had the Apple updates?
No.

Loading the config.plist in CC the error is now on the last line (365) as Close tag dict does not match an open tag dict. Visually I cannot see where is the mistake....

In the EFI/Clover/config.plist SMBIOS I still have the MacPro 6,1 so the riddle about the source for the iMac remains a unsolved...
As stated previously, if your config.plist is corrupt then it is the same as no config.plist at all.
If there is no config.plist then Clover will 'guess' the SMBIOS for your hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back