1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Guys,
finally after quite a few failures I was able to upgrade the Mountain Lion 10.8.5 to the High Sierra 10.13.6 especially to be able to use the nVidia GTX 1070 I'll use for Fly & Drive sims under Windows!

IMG_20220504_000336.jpg

I'm not really familiar with Clover as I had been using Chameleon for many years: I started with the proper UniBeast USB and I also used some of Multibeast installs: the system is consistently up and running but I still have to fix the Audio Realtek ACL892 that doesn't work even if I installed the kext in EFI/CLOVER/Kext/Other...

Now I'm still trying to figure how to remove the Install Disk option I still see in the Clover Master Boot Screen: at this moment I only have one single partition disk installed + its EFI + Recover, so I figure the install disk refers to the files contained in the root of the SSD HackintoshHS under macOS Install Data. Can I just delete this dir and make that option disappear?
IMG_20220504_000154.jpg

IMG_20220504_000204.jpg

IMG_20220504_000215.jpg

I believe there is something wrong with the Config.plist as I try to edit it using Clover Configurator but it fails to load or do any repair (apparently) so all its screens are empty and I cannot figure what's the error in the code: maybe this is the reason why the audio kext is not loading properly...?

CC_error.jpg

CC_error_repair.jpg

I attach the config.plist (without SN or BiosVersion) to review it. I cannot edit it in XCode, and plutil can just point me to the same error I see in CC. I use TextWrangler but I'm not familiar with the plist (XML?) sintax.

Any help to fix the error and a push to start learning about Clover Configurator or Clover in general will be much appreciated. TIA

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 50
PS: since I just upgraded the Chameleon ML install I still have an Extra folder and a Boot file on the root of the SSD: can I just delete them?

Your config.plist is corrupt which is the same as having no plist at all in Clover.

Code:
config.plist: Found non-key inside <dict> at line 272

This is typically what happens when you use a text editor to modify your config.plist.

Yes? How the machine starts and loads the OS?
I suspect is just a misplaced <dict> </dict> or some other code not properly nested.
The config is fine.... to a certain point!
TextWrangler is perfectly suited to handle coding files, but it doesn't help in visualizing issues with a specific language...

Yes? How the machine starts and loads the OS?
I suspect is just a misplaced <dict> </dict> or some other code not properly nested.
The config is fine.... to a certain point!
TextWrangler is perfectly suited to handle coding files, but it doesn't help in visualizing issues with a specific language...
plisteditpro is worth looking into

not sure why you have 2:
Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <key>KextsToPatch</key>

Right: that is redundant and should be deleted. Even so it's not regarded as an error and the error comes afterwards...
I whole heartedly hate these high level programming especially when you do not have the proper editors and plugins to help you keep track of the code nested functions, at least visually.

I've tried plisteditpro: it doesn't even show the line numbers! At least TextWrangler does that!
I've checked Visual Studio Code that looks quite promising but also an overkill to edit a mere plist file, and as I said I'm a noob with Clover and I have no idea on how to debug it.

Right: that is redundant and should be deleted. Even so it's not regarded as an error and the error comes afterwards...
I whole heartedly hate these high level programming especially when you do not have the proper editors and plugins to help you keep track of the code nested functions, at least visually.

I've tried plisteditpro: it doesn't even show the line numbers! At least TextWrangler does that!
I've checked Visual Studio Code that looks quite promising but also an overkill to edit a mere plist file, and as I said I'm a noob with Clover and I have no idea on how to debug it.
just remove one of the unneeded error that you have:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>

That is really something: I just deleted the double entry and the machine started as an iMac 13.2 without USB2 (the Keyboard and mouse work only on the USB3!) and I have no idea from where this is coming. If I open the EFI/CLOVER/config.plist I still see the list for the MacPro 6.1 SIMBIOS.

I again subscribe to my avatar: my brain hurts! ;)

That is really something: I just deleted the double entry and the machine started as an iMac 13.2 without USB2 (the Keyboard and mouse work only on the USB3!) and I have no idea from where this is coming. If I open the EFI/CLOVER/config.plist I still see the list for the MacPro 6.1 SIMBIOS.

I again subscribe to my avatar: my brain hurts! ;)
unless it is getting some information from your previous chameleon?

you can press F11 at the clover bot screen which will reset your nvram

Can I remove all Chamaleon traces from the SSD? Extra folder and Boot file? I believe the iMac is coming from the USB UniBeast when I installed High Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back