Contribute
Register

Config.plist editing or the blind cannot lead the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe OC would be a good choice for me:
You do you. However, everything done in Clover can be done in OC and with likely more support. This forum will help you if you give it an honest go. You just need to learn a few things.
  1. What your specific system needs to work.
  2. Why it needs those things.
  3. How to do accomplish it.
While its true OC doesn't do all of those things with a quirk, it does however do them with proper SSDT, patches, and kext which is generally viewed as the correct way.

Now:

# I do not like or need the latest mac os X: as it seems to be developing into I would chose Linux instead (I don't like the GUI and above all I do not appreciate the hassles introduced to control it)

# I do not need to upgrade to the latest mobos/cpu/dimm/gfx as I already have enough power to run the applications I like or need

# once the install is working properly I do not want to tinker into it for at least 30 years!:mrgreen:

Now:

# I do not like or need the latest mac os X: as it seems to be developing into I would chose Linux instead (I don't like the GUI and above all I do not appreciate the hassles introduced to control it)

# I do not need to upgrade to the latest mobos/cpu/dimm/gfx as I already have enough power to run the applications I like or need

# once the install is working properly I do not want to tinker into it for at least 30 years!:mrgreen:
What is it you'd like help with?

Oh well, I had to go dig deep into all the forum (thanks!) and I got some positive answers here and there: now I fixed everything and got this machine working with both the OSs (Win and OSX) both using the nVidia GTX 1070.
To make it work I had to convert the Windows MBR SSD to GPT without losses, although in the Clover Master Boot Screen now I have other three Windows icons and only one is actually booting in the MS system: I eliminated the 'Install Mac OS' option by just deleting the whole High Sierra Install on the Mac SSD, but I still have to figure how to remove the 'fake' Windows ones.

As for the discrepancy regarding the iMac definition I figured it was coming from a wrong SN I pasted in the Config.plist. Now it reads MacPro6,1 and I have both Audio active and all the USB 2 & 3 working.

Oh well, I had to go dig deep into all the forum (thanks!) and I got some positive answers here and there: now I fixed everything and got this machine working with both the OSs (Win and OSX) both using the nVidia GTX 1070.
To make it work I had to convert the Windows MBR SSD to GPT without losses, although in the Clover Master Boot Screen now I have other three Windows icons and only one is actually booting in the MS system: I eliminated the 'Install Mac OS' option by just deleting the whole High Sierra Install on the Mac SSD, but I still have to figure how to remove the 'fake' Windows ones.

As for the discrepancy regarding the iMac definition I figured it was coming from a wrong SN I pasted in the Config.plist. Now it reads MacPro6,1 and I have both Audio active and all the USB 2 & 3 working.
an old post that explains how to hide partitions in clover boot menu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back