Contribute
Register

Can't reach installer, Restarts after loading kexts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know i've had HPET enabled the whole time and used both those flags with a 560ti but it didn't help me unfortunately.

I know i've had HPET enabled the whole time and used both those flags with a 560ti but it didn't help me unfortunately.

also had hpet already enabled...

i didn't already have HPET set, but sadly changing it to enabled had no effect for me, still restarts after loading kexts.

same across the board I know HPET is working and still no go on my end

Same here!

Asrock h55m-GE and a430 video card.

Here's an update. I installed the latest bios for my board, 2.20 and now i can get to the installer with the flag PCIRootUID=0. I can't install as i'm waiting on a new SSD, should be here anytime. At least i'm over the original hurdle of the rebooting at Starting Darwin. I'm not saying updating your bios is the answer for everyone but it works for me.

Here's an update. I installed the latest bios for my board, 2.20 and now i can get to the installer with the flag PCIRootUID=0. I can't install as i'm waiting on a new SSD, should be here anytime. At least i'm over the original hurdle of the rebooting at Starting Darwin. I'm not saying updating your bios is the answer for everyone but it works for me.

well i am at a loss on this old board if that is what its going to take would be nice to know what changes were in the bios revisions so it would help pinpoint a area with obvious issues

I'm using an ASRock board as well... it's the H55M-LE LGA 1156... it's doing the exact same thing... at Chimera, I select the XMove or UniBeast drive and BOOM... back at BIOS starting screen again... I checked ASRock's site and the latest BIOS for my board was released in 2010, version 1.80... I'll try the PCI boot flag and see if that works...

ASUS Mb here, but same problem. GTX 560 Ti. Just flashed bios, will update.

my problem with updating the bios is im pretty sure to install mac back when i started with 10.5 i had to use a modded version of v1.20 of my bios, and i can't remember where i found that at all, so im reluctant to flash my bios with any of the newer bioses that are available incase i can't revert back, which is insanely frustrating lol, has anyone else with a g31m-gs board updated there bios without problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back