Contribute
Register

Can't figure out QE/CI for intel HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is your monitor connected ? Are there any dedicated graphics in this besides the HD4600 ?

How is your monitor connected ? Are there any dedicated graphics in this besides the HD4600 ?
No, it's an all-in-one with only hd4600, the panel is integrated but the motherboard documentation states the only output of the 4600 is VGA and so that has to be the technology used to run that built in display, because there are no external graphic output ports, the Hdmi port on the unusual motherboard is only used as an input to use the display like a tv by pressing a button that switches it to an input mode which works separately from everything else, no option to configure it in BIOS.

The VGA output isn't likely to be usable at all. No support for VGA in macOS. You could possibly buy an HP Haswell based motherboard like the HP ProDesk 600 G1 or just buy the barebones and install your i5 CPU in that. Use the DP output adapted to HDMI. Also, you can install a LP graphics card in it if you'd like to.
$_57.jpg

The VGA output isn't likely to be usable at all. No support for VGA in macOS. You could possibly buy an HP Haswell based motherboard like the HP ProDesk 600 G1 or just buy the barebones and install your i5 CPU in that. Use the DP output adapted to HDMI. Also, you can install a LP graphics card in it if you'd like to.
$_57.jpg
Thanks for the help! but I think Ill just use this one with windows rather than buy another machine/equipment, was nice to get a little bit of experience with hackintoshes though.

Just the lynx point h87 chipset documentation on Intels websites lists the output as VGA, not the motherboards sorry, if that changes anything

Just the lynx point h87 chipset documentation on Intels websites lists the output as VGA, not the motherboards sorry, if that changes anything
You need to have a digital video output, either HDMI or DVI or DP for the HD4600 to work. If you can use the HDMI to output video that is pretty much your only option.

UPDATE! I FIXED IT!!!! turns out all I had to do was enable Legacy booting. I have full QE/CI and graphics are FINALLY smooth but the panel is still very very dim, and I would love some help to get some help. On that, maybe some backlighting control would. Fix it?

I have tried everything but QE/CI for Intels HD4600 just won't work on my machine, help would be appreciated.
I have attached a config.plist that I currently have, it won't boot for some reason with the intel graphics options, I have to boot with my clover USB to get in to Sierra.

FakePCIID Intel Graphics and Fake PCIID are already installed

Verbose shows that the line get I stuck at on boot using the plist I attached is: Setting BTCoex Config: enable_2G:1, profile_2g:0, enable 5G:1, profile_5G:0

Desktop HD4600 requirements:
- config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
- config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003
- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0
- BIOS DVMT-prealloc 64mb
- digital connection to your monitor (VGA not supported)
- VT-d disabled or use dart=0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back