Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI X570 TOMAHAWK
CPU
Ryzen 7 3800XT
Graphics
RX 580
Hi,

My Hackintosh is running 11.6.6 and I've been trying to update it to Montery, but after running the macOS installer, letting it restart, booting into MacOs, letting the updater run, I'm back to square one.

Everything gives me the impression that it's updating, but it's as if the update doesn't get applied or saved.

I've looked everywhere on the web for weeks but I have been unable to find a solution.

Now, it was suggested to me to try selecting the macOS installer partition after the first automatic restart, but it did not help. When selecting the macOS installer partition as suggested, I get the following error:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 8.40.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 8.40.48 AM.png
    871.3 KB · Views: 17
Hi,

My Hackintosh is running 11.6.6 and I've been trying to update it to Montery, but after running the macOS installer, letting it restart, booting into MacOs, letting the updater run, I'm back to square one.

Everything gives me the impression that it's updating, but it's as if the update doesn't get applied or saved.

I've looked everywhere on the web for weeks but I have been unable to find a solution.

Now, it was suggested to me to try selecting the macOS installer partition after the first automatic restart, but it did not help. When selecting the macOS installer partition as suggested, I get the following error:
make sure you have updated your kexts and bootloader

@thekingace,

You're on AMD Ryzen right? AMD Ryzen's will require the addition of AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext if you are booting Monterey 12.4+. Without it Ryzen systems will simply not boot Monterey.

Secondly I found that some of the later updates for Big Sur/Monterey require the setting of the system's security policy to the individual system setting under SecureBootModel. So if you are using MacPro7,1 SMBIOS for example, you will need to set your SecureBootModel policy to j160 in order for it to update.

So give these a try first.

@thekingace,

You're on AMD Ryzen right? AMD Ryzen's will require the addition of AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext if you are booting Monterey 12.4+. Without it Ryzen systems will simply not boot Monterey.

Secondly I found that some of the later updates for Big Sur/Monterey require the setting of the system's security policy to the individual system setting under SecureBootModel. So if you are using MacPro7,1 SMBIOS for example, you will need to set your SecureBootModel policy to j160 in order for it to update.

So give these a try first.
That is correct, I'm on AMD Ryzen's CPU. I believe I have already tried your second suggestion, but not your first one, so I will try doing that and report back!

Thanks a lot guys for helping me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back