Contribute
Register

Can't Boot, stuck on apple, using clover!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's disk0s1, the EFI partition.

Ok great. I selected the disk, mounted the EFI, got clover installed, everything looks great, HOWEVER, when i try to boot, the clover boot loader loads fine, but the apple icon shows up with its progress bar only making it to about 1/4.

Here is where it stops in Verbose mode.

Photo Jan 28.jpeg

I think it may have something to do with the AppleIntelE1000e, which was a kext I included. I would try deleting it and seeing if it works, but there is no way for me to get into OS X to delete it..

Anyone know what to do?

UPDATE: let it sit awhile and a circle with a line through it popped up in the middle of the screen...not sure if that is significant.

Hi, thanks for that great information, but If I boot using single user mode, I don't get to the command line, the only thing that pops up is this...
image.jpg
Cant seem to find a way around it...

Sure. Here's the one I used...

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.7 KB · Views: 617
Wow! great news, it booted perfectly, and quick too! I can't thank you enough for everything you've done, you truly went out of your way to help.

My only concern now is the cpus=1 boot argument... Does this mean it will only use 1 core for mac OS X. I'm sure you could understand how that would be unfortunate. Any known fix, or is it just a limitation, because i know i didn't use it when i installed OS X? Strange...

Sounds great, not really sure how put access the efi to put in the new plist...

Well i mounted the EFI and made the directory, but when I go to the EFI folder, it is blank. I enable hidden files thinking that might fix the problem but it did not.

FIXED: used EFI Mounter v2 here on tonymacx86, for some reason terminal didn't work, anyways I in progress of doing what you said...

This is what i get when I tried to install the audio_clover...

Photo Jan 28.jpeg

Yes I rebooted. I got that version from GitHub, I wouldn't think something would be wrong with it?

Only thing i saw in the bios regarding audio was "Audio Device Control" which was enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back