Contribute
Register

Can't Boot, stuck on apple, using clover!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
Intel(R) Core™ i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 980
Ok so I tried to install Yosemite a couple months ago to no avail, so this time I figured I'd try clover. I have followed the clover guide to a tee, using the nvidia config.plist file.
So far when I try to install the OS the Apple logo shows up for a bit, the progress bar moves to about 1/3, then my computer turns off. Not sure what's going on, or what boot flags I need to use. My system is as follows....

intel 4820k
LGA 2011 Gigabyte X79-UD4
Nvidia GTX 760

If there's is anymore information I need to provide let me know.

Thanks for any help!

Hmm... so i tried booting into verbose mode ,-v, and it stopped at this screen...
Error.jpg
Maybe This has some significance?

There should be some icons on the bottom of the clover screen, one of them being options. Use your arrows to navigate there and click enter. here you should see an area that says boot args, just hit enter to edit, then close and try booting back into the USB. Hope that helps.

So I got mine working using the boot flags npci=0x3000, PCIRootUID=1 and dart=0.
Once the OS X installer comes on, it appears everything is working well, but once the installer reaches "about one second remaining" it just hangs there forever. Not sure what to do?
Any help Here?

Ok so I tried to install Yosemite a couple months ago to no avail, so this time I figured I'd try clover. I have followed the clover guide to a tee, using the nvidia config.plist file.
So far when I try to install the OS the Apple logo shows up for a bit, the progress bar moves to about 1/3, then my computer turns off. Not sure what's going on, or what boot flags I need to use. My system is as follows....

intel 4820k
LGA 2011 Gigabyte X79-UD4
Nvidia GTX 760

If there's is anymore information I need to provide let me know.

Thanks for any help!

when the boot stalls at about 1/3 on the progress indicator, that means you have a problem with your graphics. the 1/3 progress point is when the apple screen shifts to the desktop.

you'll need to fiddle with the graphics settings in your config.plist. also--is the vendor and device ID included in the info.plist in the graphics kext for your card?

UPDATE: So I left the OSX intallation alone for about 20 minutes, then I came back and my computer had restarted. The fact that OSX is installed is a milestone, however, i have no idea how to actually boot into it.

If i boot into the USB, it simply tries to reinstall OSX.

For my system I am trying to dual boot Windows, and Yosemite. I have two identical 250 GB Samsung SSDs. One has windows, the other i installed yosemite onto. Here is a pic of what the mac disk utility looks like from the USB...
Photo Jan 27, 7 31 50 PM.jpg
As you can see it has OS X Base system and OS X install ESD. Im not really sure what that means, but on my boot screen my only options are...
Photo Jan 27, 7 37 13 PM.jpg
Anything I try seems to redirect me to windows, in no way can I make it to the clover bootloader screen. Anybody have some insight about this?

That was a great idea! When I disconnected my windows drive, it went strait to the boatloader and i successfully set up yosemite.

The only problem I have now is with the clover post installation. It say on the guide that i need to type
sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/"system drive" into terminal, but I don't know which one is my system drive.

I did "diskutil list" and this is what pulled up...

Photo Jan 28.jpeg

Any help here would be GREAT, because i definitely don't want to mess up my disk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back