CPU
Intel Core i5-6400
Graphics
EVGA GEFORCE GT 740 SC
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I recently decided to upgrade my pc and buy new motherboard, cpu and video card, all of which I checked against the buyer's guide. There is no video card in the machine yet, I'm using the onboard graphics for now.

Motherboard: Asus H170M-E D3
CPU: Intel Core i5-6400

I was following the guide by this site on Lifehacker, using Unibeast / Clover and Multibeast.

I watched and read a bunch of tutorials on what settings to change for the ASUS Bios Utility and changed them. But when I used clover to boot from the USB to install, there would be an error and it would reboot. Something I read suggested using Safe Mode and that worked. So I installed the OS onto my solid state using safe mode from the USB. The same errors and reboot now happen if I try and boot my Solid State install, but again, I can boot it from safe mode.

I thought it would be a driver issue, that I would run multibeast and that would install the drivers and everything would be fine. But multibeast fails.

Code:
05/26/16 19:29:22 - Mounting EFI
05/26/16 19:29:23 - Mounting EFI failed. Exiting.
05/26/16 23:10:26 - Starting MultiBeast 8.2.2-20160504
05/26/16 23:11:18 - Installing 'Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3423 UEFI Boot Mode'
05/26/16 23:11:21 - Install of 'Clover_v2.3k_r3423-UEFI.pkg' failed.
'installer: Package name is Clover v2.3k r3423 EFI bootloader
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
'. Exiting.

Any advice would be very much appreciated, I'm at my wit's end.

I recently decided to upgrade my pc and buy new motherboard, cpu and video card, all of which I checked against the buyer's guide. There is no video card in the machine yet, I'm using the onboard graphics for now.

Motherboard: Asus H170M-E D3
CPU: Intel Core i5-6400

I was following the guide by this site on Lifehacker, using Unibeast / Clover and Multibeast.

I watched and read a bunch of tutorials on what settings to change for the ASUS Bios Utility and changed them. But when I used clover to boot from the USB to install, there would be an error and it would reboot. Something I read suggested using Safe Mode and that worked. So I installed the OS onto my solid state using safe mode from the USB. The same errors and reboot now happen if I try and boot my Solid State install, but again, I can boot it from safe mode.

I thought it would be a driver issue, that I would run multibeast and that would install the drivers and everything would be fine. But multibeast fails.

Code:
05/26/16 19:29:22 - Mounting EFI
05/26/16 19:29:23 - Mounting EFI failed. Exiting.
05/26/16 23:10:26 - Starting MultiBeast 8.2.2-20160504
05/26/16 23:11:18 - Installing 'Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3423 UEFI Boot Mode'
05/26/16 23:11:21 - Install of 'Clover_v2.3k_r3423-UEFI.pkg' failed.
'installer: Package name is Clover v2.3k r3423 EFI bootloader
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
'. Exiting.

Any advice would be very much appreciated, I'm at my wit's end.
What are your bios settings?
I had the same issue on my skylake build

Thank you so much! It boots without safe mode now!

but why you got an gt 740 sc?
Mostly because it was on sale. The graphics card I was using burnt out (fan died, then the card overheated). And my old motherboard didn't have built in graphics so I needed something immediate. I new I was going to be upgrading motherboard, cpu and graphics card to turn the computer into a hackintosh, so I verified it was on the buyer's guide, and bought it. Its still better than the one I had and works for my needs :)

Almost everything is working on my build now, except sound. It says no devices found even with speakers / headphones plugged in. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back