Contribute
Register

Can I use VGA to DisplayPort with NVIDIA drivers in MacOS Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H110M-A
CPU
Intel Core i3-6100
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 960 2GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I realized that MacOS Sierra with NVIDIA web drivers does not work with a VGA to DVI-I adapter. MacOS Sierra doesn't even boot when NVIDIA drivers are enabled with the adapter, so I'm stuck with one monitor, but I want to have dual monitors with my Hackintosh.

Before buying one, would a VGA to DisplayPort or VGA to HDMI adapter work with NVIDIA web drivers? I'm currently using the one released for the Pascal cards even though I use a 960.

@VesTi, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Model, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Those adapters are usually named starting with the connector on the GPU, so a VGA to DisplayPort adapter would go into the VGA port of your GPU and connect to a DisplayPort monitor. Such an adapter doesn't exist, so I guess you're talking about the other direction, correct?

If you're looking for a DisplayPort to VGA adapter: Any active DP to anything adapter should work just fine, as it behaves like a true DP device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back