Contribute
Register

Can anyone explain the easiest Hackintosh Build for beginners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
I'm looking for an almost plug and play build where you don't have to install any kexts or mess with any files. All I want to do is use UniBeast and MultiBeast to have a stable machine built for light editing. Please give me links or examples of the most simple version to build that is compatible with almost anything you throw at it.

I also do not want to pay for an expensive video card and have 2 already although using my XFX R9 280x will not work with the easy builds. I assume I will have to buy a Gigabyte motherboard that is 1150 socket and sell my ASUS x99-A and 5820K processor because there are no easy builds for this setup.

Once again, I want a plug and play build that there are plenty of YouTube videos I can watch for hassle free and successful builds that are stable. Any links or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Just head over to the Buyer's Guide above left in the menu, choose the style of computer that you think will meet your editing needs, price the parts from the list to your budget - and build.

That way UniBeast and MultiBeast will do their jobs with the least hassle.

That's the reason Tonymacx86 is probably the best one-stop resource out there for building a hackintosh.

For simplicity don't use a graphics card, just use the Skylake CPU's HD530. Bear in mind though Sierra introduced problems the experts are still working on to iron out with wake-from-sleep on this GPU. The solution will come eventually, I'm sure.

We always have to be patient if we push at the leading-edge because macOS on non-Apple hardware is hard to emulate BUT it has become much easier and more reliable in the last year or two. Certainly my own latest build is rock-solid. Not one crash or kernel panic since it was built. Though I did have to fiddle a bit in the beginning to get everything working.

Good luck with your project :)

Thanks for the info, although I looking for links to videos of people who have already built stable versions. I already have all the parts from a previous failed build that I was running Windows on but that kept getting corrupted so I wanted to use all my parts and create a Hackintosh that had a stable OS on it. So far the main 3 problems with my machine are as follows:

Asus x99-a motherboard
XFX Radeon R9 280X 3gb card (which is suppose to be plug and play for Mac Pros)
Asus Wifi Card

These are my biggest problems. So instead of beating my head against the wall and watch videos that don't have the same exact components I think I should just change out these 3 items and it should be an easy fix. Im not looking to start altering kext files or adding kexts boot args. Just want to plug in Unibeast and it easily installs the Mac OS with no problems or additions and then if I have to run multibeast, I will. Then pull out the USB stick and it always loads up no problems from the SDD drive with the installed Mac OS.

Thanks for the info, although I looking for links to videos of people who have already built stable versions. I already have all the parts from a previous failed build that I was running Windows on but that kept getting corrupted so I wanted to use all my parts and create a Hackintosh that had a stable OS on it. So far the main 3 problems with my machine are as follows:

Asus x99-a motherboard
Asus Wifi Card

These are my biggest problems. So instead of beating my head against the wall and watch videos that don't have the same exact components I think I should just change out these 3 items and it should be an easy fix. Im not looking to start altering kext files or adding kexts boot args. Just want to plug in Unibeast and it easily installs the Mac OS with no problems or additions and then if I have to run multibeast, I will. Then pull out the USB stick and it always loads up no problems from the SDD drive with the installed Mac OS.

It is my opinion that your request will not be met. That is unless you go purchase an Apple computer.

If you are going to run a hackintosch you do need to go through a learning curve and follow the process. If not you will find your system un-bootable more sooner then later.

Good modding,
neil

Asus x99-a motherboard
Asus Wifi Card

I can understand your frustration, but as @neilhart suggests, any hackintosh build needs a certain amount of "adjusting" just because of the nature of the beast. The "Golden Builds" section of the forum used to be updated with machine configurations that gave the best results, but this seems to have been deprecated in recent years. Still worth checking for information though.

Yes, I can understand your three components are potential problem-causers - this is because:

Asus wifi cards don't implement a chip-set used by a genuine Apple machine and so any drivers macOS includes will certainly need kext editing to make work (if at all).

Some people have had success with x99 boards but it certainly isn't as easy as a 1150 or 1151-based one.

XFX graphics cards - as far as I have read - have BIOS incompatibilities with hackintosh builds, even when they use compatible GPU chips.

So, yes a different base configuration will make building your new machine easier by far.

:)

Last edited:
Unfortunately I have to echo the previous comments. I'm reasonably competent at assembling computers, having successfully built Windows, Linux and FreeNAS computers and servers in the past.

Hackintosh construction takes it to the next level however. Even using components from the Buyers Guide, I have struggled with getting everything working... because it really is bleeding edge.

The blessing and the curse of this website/community and others is that there is a wealth of information and expertise out there - because there is so much, prepare yourself to do a lot of reading though. For example, my video card has a supported GPU but I could never get the NVIDIA web drivers to load successfully. I read 200+ pages (including 164 pages on the ever-growing video card troubleshooting for beginners topic) before i managed to figure out that the problem was I was building my hac connected to a VGA display, rather than a digital display (HDMI or DisplayPort) #facepalm.

The good news is that if you do some research before buying, you will be able to assemble components that work with the least amount of configuration, and there is lots of community contributors who will help answer questions of x versus y before you purchase.

Good luck!

I am also echoing all the above info. Although you could eventually get something working, you will indeed have spent 30+ man/hours, and then it would still by shaky on updates of the OS, which you'll want.

Think about how much money you can get in an hour vs. the price of compatible parts. I know this first hand, believe me. I've spent way more time than I should have. But for me, it was the challenge to get old, but still good, hardware a second life and avoid the landfills for a few more years (my p5q-em is ~8 years old!).

Be responsible with your existing components and save yourself hours. You'll still spend much time fooling around even with all the great guides on this site.

Good luck! ;)

Thanks for all the info guys and I will look at the Golden build a little more closely. It seems that one of the easiest builds id a Mac mini. and I found a couple good videos from a guy that made one for under $700. Its a golden build and he has had no problems and didn't seem to have to install any kexts. To be honest it really seems like I just need to trade in my motherboard and processor to get a Gigabyte board and a skylake processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back