CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630/GTX 1060 - 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
I have LENOVO Y530 (i7 8750H + UHD630) . I try patch Video,Audio with Intel FB patcher.
then , I found when set Layout id wrong , backlight is ok, no BUG.
but set Layout id correct , black screen is show...

my correct Layout is 3 . then I inject with 4, 5,6...
then display is work fine. I don't know why...
Why the audio layout-id is affecting your screen is beyond me. Unless when you pick a different layout-id it causes your laptop not to boot and that's what you're referring to as the black screen?

Either way, your way doesn't work for anyone else lol.

Sniki

Motherboard
HP Elite 8300 SFF
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
For you guys that you have still problems, can you try going into sysprefs> display and change resolutions back and forth, see if the screen gets stuck on black screen after a few tries.
Im curious to know that...

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 - Clover
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Update on my end.

I came across a fork of Whatevergreen by @Fraxul from here that has a patch he just applied to it. So far I'm 10/12 reboots with working backlight and only 2 that went to a black screen upon boot up. This is the best working to not working ratio I've had thus far.
The fork is here: https://github.com/Fraxul/WhateverGreen/tree/1e92070d4d22a832492f339f05ad814c20efddb1
(I pasted the wrong link when I first posted this comment. My bad if you used the original link)
@black.dragon74 you might want to check this out and see if there are any changes for you.

I'm going to do some more testing and see what happens. The big tell all here will be if the random freeze/crash that has been happening because of this framebuffer issue is gone or not.

Attached PR files incase anyone wanted them.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP i5-dc0007nl-F.06
CPU
i5-8300H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 & GTX 1050
So
Here I described the problem I had with the latest build of whatevergreen and Lilu.
For me there is only a slight problem. During the installation of Mojave the brightness was fine but then, when in post-install, I noticed that the brightness was very low compared to before. I can change the brightness in setting but the maximun is not like it should be.
I followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ontrol-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/
With that I can finally have full brightness and the slider in settings is working just fine. Then I realised that every 1/4 of boot I got black screen and then after 3 minutes as always is gone. So I removed the SSDT-PNLF.aml but not the kext. At the next reboot I found out that I have the same brightness than before the reboot. I can't modify it because there is no slider, I thinks that is because I removed the .aml patch. For the people that haven't resolve the 3 minutes black screen yet this can be helpful.
For my case I hope in your help

Ps: I would like to have the slider and also the max brightness higher just like in the installer as described in my other post

Attachments

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 - Clover
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
So
Here I described the problem I had with the latest build of whatevergreen and Lilu.

I followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ontrol-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/
With that I can finally have full brightness and the slider in settings is working just fine. Then I realised that every 1/4 of boot I got black screen and then after 3 minutes as always is gone. So I removed the SSDT-PNLF.aml but not the kext. At the next reboot I found out that I have the same brightness than before the reboot. I can't modify it because there is no slider, I thinks that is because I removed the .aml patch. For the people that haven't resolve the 3 minutes black screen yet this can be helpful.
For my case I hope in your help

Ps: I would like to have the slider and also the max brightness higher just like in the installer as described in my other post

It's already known that if you remove native brightness controls (either by omitting the SSDT-PNFL or the applebacklightfixup.kext) this issue goes away. But for most, removing native brightness controls usually breaks things like Sleep. Also makes it annoying that you can not control the brightness. It's not really a solution.

The latest version of WEG from the acidanthera Github also seemed to decrease the max brightness for me as well. I also had an issue where I would turn up the brightness and when the brightness got almost to full max, it would drop down to super dim, but if I kept increasing the brightness, it would go back up to almost full brightness, but never get there. I don't have this issue with Fraxul's version of WEG and the black screen at boot is far less frequent with his version also.

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 - Clover
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
After using the laptop pretty much all night I ran into the system crash again. Still unstable for me. I have no new PR files to post, everything is the same as the last file I posted earlier today.

Motherboard
Asus A555LAB
CPU
i3-4005U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Guys! We finally have some good news. This issue seems to be fixed for CFL hardware. Now all we need is reports of whether it is working for you or not.

I am attaching a debug build of WhateverGreen to test. Before testing please ensure that:
  1. You are using a framebuffer with Camellia disabled. Use 0x3E9B0000 (Default in @RehabMan's plists)
  2. Use the boot-arg igfxcflbklt=1 (without leading dash)
  3. Inject property enable-cfl-backlight-fix with value 1 (number) on your IGPU device (config.plist>Devices>Properties)
  4. Remove AppleBacklightFixup.kext (it is included in this version of WEG)
  5. Using the latest SSDT-PNLF.aml
Hope it works for you. Please do not forget to thank the awesome people @vit9696 @headkaze and @Fraxul behind this fix. It wouldn't have been possible without them.

Regards and good luck!

Attachments

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 - Clover
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Guys! We finally have some good news. This issue seems to be fixed for CFL hardware. Now all we need is reports of whether it is working for you or not.

I am attaching a debug build of WhateverGreen to test. Before testing please ensure that:
  1. You are using a framebuffer with Camellia disabled. Use 0x3E9B0000 (Default in @RehabMan's plists)
  2. Use the boot-arg igfxcflbklt=1 (without leading dash)
  3. Inject property enable-cfl-backlight-fix with value 1 (number) on your IGPU device (config.plist>Devices>Properties)
  4. Remove AppleBacklightFixup.kext (it is included in this version of WEG)
  5. Using the latest SSDT-PNLF.aml
Hope it works for you. Please do not forget to thank the awesome people @vit9696 @headkaze and @Fraxul behind this fix. It wouldn't have been possible without them.

Regards and good luck!
Just did everything you posted, testing now. So far 2/2 reboots with working backlight and backlight controls. Will report back after more testing. So far so good.

Thanks to everyone that has put their time and effort into this!

Motherboard
HP i5-dc0007nl-F.06
CPU
i5-8300H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 & GTX 1050
Complete not working here. After I click on Mojave to boot from clover I got a black screen. After 5 minutes I can see again, brightness slider not working and screen goes black now that I am writing so I can't check my grammar
Maybe I have done something wrong

Attachments

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 - Clover
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Complete not working here. After I click on Mojave to boot from clover I got a black screen. After 5 minutes I can see again, brightness slider not working and screen goes black now that I am writing so I can't check my grammar
Maybe I have done something wrong
You're using the old SSDT-PNLF not the most recent one.

Also the enable-cfl-backlight-fix should be in Devices-Properties, not in the PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0).

In the graphics section of your config.plist you have a # in front of ig-platform-id which is disabling your platform id injection. Also not sure if it's the same for your laptop but I believe that the UHD630 needs to have EDID injected with the product code.