i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630/GTX 1060 - 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Welp, doesn't work for me.

I had 2 reboots in a row yesterday with working backlight, kept it on after the second reboot to keep using the laptop. Then I got the random kernel panic, system locked up, had to manually shut down. Have rebooted 5 times since then, all to a black screen.

Attached PR files.

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Done but I boot to black screen 1/2 of the time :banghead:
Your kexts should be installed to /L/E, not /S/L/E.
And you should probably be using a correctly coded LiluFriend.kext.
Also, ForceKextsToLoad is only for pre-install, as per guide should be removed post-install.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Welp, doesn't work for me.

I had 2 reboots in a row yesterday with working backlight, kept it on after the second reboot to keep using the laptop. Then I got the random kernel panic, system locked up, had to manually shut down. Have rebooted 5 times since then, all to a black screen.

Attached PR files.
You can capture ioreg in both working and black screen scenarios for comparison?
Also, LiluFriend.kext advice applies to you too...

Motherboard
HP i5-dc0007nl-F.06
CPU
i5-8300H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 & GTX 1050
Your kexts should be installed to /L/E, not /S/L/E.
And you should probably be using a correctly coded LiluFriend.kext.
Also, ForceKextsToLoad is only for pre-install, as per guide should be removed post-install.
I will try that but I think is not related to my kext installation because the problem is showing at the very early boot stage. After I click on Mojave to boot my system I can see the apple logo but after 1 second it goes away. Every time it goes away it doesen’t return for at least 5/6 minutes then I can see the login page. This happens 1/2 of the time and I think is related to the PNLF.aml

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I will try that but I think is not related to my kext installation because the problem is showing at the very early boot stage. After I click on Mojave to boot my system I can see the apple logo but after 1 second it goes away. Every time it goes away it doesen’t return for at least 5/6 minutes then I can see the login page. This happens 1/2 of the time and I think is related to the PNLF.aml
Please reply with PR files after you fix your kext installation.

Motherboard
HP i5-dc0007nl-F.06
CPU
i5-8300H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 & GTX 1050
Please reply with PR files after you fix your kext installation.
I should have done everything correctly but the problem still persist: it boots 90% of the time to black screen.
Below there are two debug zip one where the pc boots to black screen and the other to max brightness.

Attachments

Motherboard
MSI GV62 8RE (HM370)
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD630 & GTX1060(non MAXQ) 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Guys! We finally have some good news. This issue seems to be fixed for CFL hardware. Now all we need is reports of whether it is working for you or not.

I am attaching a debug build of WhateverGreen to test. Before testing please ensure that:
  1. You are using a framebuffer with Camellia disabled. Use 0x3E9B0000 (Default in @RehabMan's plists)
  2. Use the boot-arg igfxcflbklt=1 (without leading dash)
  3. Inject property enable-cfl-backlight-fix with value 1 (number) on your IGPU device (config.plist>Devices>Properties)
  4. Remove AppleBacklightFixup.kext (it is included in this version of WEG)
  5. Using the latest SSDT-PNLF.aml
Hope it works for you. Please do not forget to thank the awesome people @vit9696 @headkaze and @Fraxul behind this fix. It wouldn't have been possible without them.

Regards and good luck!
Well, this build has fixed waking up from sleep for me. Now the screen doesn't just stay black, it indeed wakes up normally.
Also, brightness works okay.

But the 3 mins black screen issue is still persistent for me. I don't know why.

PR files attached.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X v8-BK4K4P
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1070
Inject property enable-cfl-backlight-fix with value 1 (number) on your IGPU device (config.plist>Devices>Properties)
Note that you don't need to do this if you have the igfxcflbklt=1 boot flag. One or the other is fine.

All is working fine for me with RehabMan's latest SSDT-PNLF.aml + WEG. I didn't have the brightness slider in Display settings at first but then I added a GFX0->IGPU rename.

The brightness range is much better than it was previously also. Thanks @Fraxul @RehabMan

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus A555LAB
CPU
i3-4005U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Note that you don't need to do this if you have the igfxcflbklt=1 boot flag. One or the other is fine.
Yeah I forgot to update that. It was added recently. We don’t even need any property injection as it automatically patches CFL laptops.

Regards

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15 V8 - Clover
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630, GTX 1070, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Air
Hi guys,

I am also trying to get the 3 minutes black screen fixed but no luck. Hope someone could point me to the right direction.

Attachments