Contribute
Register

[BUG] Black screen 3 minutes after booting, CoffeeLake UHD 630

@StevenT That's amazing news actually, can you explain which methods have you copied, i checked the SSDT so i can try on some of my laptops with non working SD Card Readers ?

@StevenT That's amazing news actually, can you explain which methods have you copied, i checked the SSDT so i can try on some of my laptops with non working SD Card Readers ?

Every methods within scope \_SB.PCI0.XHC.RHUB.HS07 in the attached .dsl file. Those are methods that don't present in my SD reader's scope. So you have to locate the ACPI device your SD reader attaches to and do your modification accordingly by referencing MacBookPro's code. Honestly, I don't really understand what those methods are for. I simply compared methods between my SD reader and genuine MacBookPro's and made my own guess. Luckily, it works after a couple of tries.

For what it's worth, I don't have the 3-minute delay issue. Here are my findings:

I get the 3-minute delay if either or both of the following is applied:
  • hibernatemode set to 0
  • SSDT-RMCF in clover/acpi/patched

My setup:

• hibernatemode is set to 3
  • Latest WhateverGreen + Lilu + AppleBacklightFixup + AppleBacklightInjector kexts
  • Patched SSDT-PNLF + SSDT-PNLFCFL in clover/acpi/patched
  • No SSDT-RMCF at all
  • Config.plist is attached

Note: Sleep/wake works fine for a short sleep but breaks bluetooth on wake (I blame the Intel WiFi/BT pci-e card I'm using because it's not supported and not supposed to work actually) - might be fixable but I don't use sleep so I'm not bothered.
Thank you it works! For my Asus 571G Core i5 9300h (UHD630) + GTX1650. It went black screen for 3 minutes before I added SSDT-PNLF.
What I did
  • hibernatemode is set to 3 **(I didn't do)
  • Latest WhateverGreen + Lilu (I already have) +
  • AppleBacklightFixup (I don't have and I didn't add)+ AppleBacklightInjector kexts (I don't have and I didn't add)
  • Patched SSDT-PNLF (I ADDED THIS) + SSDT-PNLFCFL (I already have) in clover/acpi/patched
** I added ONLY one file which is SSDT-PNLF.aml.

THANK YOU again

you can just use latest WhateverGreen.kext with -igfxblr boot-arg.
unfortunately that did not work on my Dell 5482. Changed hibernatemode to 3 without luck either. Reverted to older WhateverGreen and worked. Any ideas why this one does not work but the Asus does? thanks
[update] fixed by adding SSDT-PNLF.aml to opencore dsl dir. for some reason that was not loaded, and after using it again, the latest 1.4.9 version works. Good to document at whatevergreen kext (from 1.4.6 and up)
[/update]

Last edited:
ok, adding SSDT-PNLF seemed to do it at first, and then the issue came back.
After resetting the NVRAM it seems to keep working. thanks!

can anyone tell me how to patch inc to nop in weg? thx
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

For those struggling with a non-working SD card reader on their laptops, I want to share I've been using this kext recently which replaced my Sinetek driver. It works very stable under Big Sur and Monterey.

Attachments

• RealtekSDCardReader.zip
    150.3 KB · Views: 43
Back