Contribute
Register

Brightness control for HD4k 0x01660003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you teach me how to fix it?

Not really. First of all, I just don't have the time. Second, I don't have the hardware, so I can't test/experiment. Third, I looked at that DSDT and the battery methods are fairly complex (they are a mess), it will be a couple of hours just to track down all the methods that are called and the fields accessed. You're probably looking at a complete day if not a couple trying to make that DSDT works. Unless you get lucky and stumble upon the issue fairly quick.

If you have some programming knowledge it shouldn't be too hard to read the ACPI spec, battery kext source code, and get to know the AML code for your DSDT. But your DSDT is not as easy as some of the others... it will require dedication and most important a machine to test ideas on.

If you have some programming knowledge it shouldn't be too hard to read the ACPI spec, battery kext source code, and get to know the AML code for your DSDT. But your DSDT is not as easy as some of the others... it will require dedication and most important a machine to test ideas on.

About getting to know the AML code.. Are there any useful tutorials out there for this? As when I have searched before, it's other hack users just stating 'oh you need this patch' - not any solid information :thumbdown:

A bit of reading later, would it be classed under ACPI Source language? as AML is machine language with the ASL is compiled into?

Not really. First of all, I just don't have the time. Second, I don't have the hardware, so I can't test/experiment. Third, I looked at that DSDT and the battery methods are fairly complex (they are a mess), it will be a couple of hours just to track down all the methods that are called and the fields accessed. You're probably looking at a complete day if not a couple trying to make that DSDT works. Unless you get lucky and stumble upon the issue fairly quick.

you know.. I'm confused here..
what is 8-bit and give me the example of 8-bit..

I have Read ACPICA and I understand about 10% of its pdf -_-

well, now I'm totally confused..
saw your post on another thread that enabling the capacity who had only 86% of full capacity
tried to know what options did you tweak from his DSDT and the patched DSDT..
I only understand about changing the 8bit+ into 8bit

halp
:(

About getting to know the AML code.. Are there any useful tutorials out there for this? As when I have searched before, it's other hack users just stating 'oh you need this patch' - not any solid information :thumbdown:

A bit of reading later, would it be classed under ACPI Source language? as AML is machine language with the ASL is compiled into?

AML/ASL it doesn't really matter when talking about the code we see. As we only write and look at source code (or source code created from binary code via the iasl disassembler/decompiler).

ACPI spec has a complete description of everything ACPI, including a language reference.

RehabMan what did you patch on Makhluk Namex's DSDT to get the Percentage?

Hi DanN7
excuse me but your card reader works?
I have an K56CA similar to yours A46CA and I have the same problems
Thanks

Hi DanN7
excuse me but your card reader works?
I have an K56CA similar to yours A46CA and I have the same problems
Thanks

Oh ya..
I haven't tried that Card Reader..
will tried it soon after go home from holiday
:)