Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

SuperDuper doesn't copy the boot loader to your clone - Run Multibeast with your clone as the target and install just Chimera or alternatively, run the standalone Chimera installer.

Good Luck

Thanks P1LGRIM. Got 'er done. So easy. Why didn't I think of that?

Solution 1: great for me, but pay attention, on mine GA-Z87M-D3H SATA port 0 is equivalent to disk1s2.
thanks to everybody for your indispensable informations

I need to revert solution 1.

I bought a SSD, SSDs don't need the 4k fixes afaik.
Anyone can tell me how I can revert the fix? Thanks!

This solution works.

My initial boot error was:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: done

I found this helpful on my 1TB WD Blue Caviar with 3 partitions:

In USB Disk utility, select the any of the mounted partitions in left menu and click on the ‘info’ tab above, this will show you the partition names, in my case OSX on the 2nd partition 'disk0s3’.

This is a partitioned dual boot of 10.9.3/Win 7 and solved my Chimera not loading on startup.

Thanks to all!

hey guys I'm new to this especially osx and its my first build. first thing i will like to know how to unmount my drive so i can try solution 1. i have mavericks and I'm getting booting problems

Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

This solution works.

My initial boot error was:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: done

I found this helpful on my 1TB WD Blue Caviar with 3 partitions:

In USB Disk utility, select the any of the mounted partitions in left menu and click on the ‘info’ tab above, this will show you the partition names, in my case OSX on the 2nd partition 'disk0s3’.

This is a partitioned dual boot of 10.9.3/Win 7 and solved my Chimera not loading on startup.

Thanks to all!

how did you get it to work?

I am having similar problems where is referencing boot0. It states to use unibeast but does not mentoin how. Can someone clairify the process please?

Solution 1 worked for me.

I ran into this problem after installing on an SSD connected to the 6GB/s sata port. Before a normal HD was working without this error on another sata 3GB/s port.
Mavericks 10.9.3, Unibest 3.0.1, Multibeast Mavericks 6.3.1
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H, NV GF GTX650 Ti, Crucial mx100 512 GB SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back