Contribute
Register

Boot Sound / Chime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to add something I noticed when playing around with the boot sound chime. I noticed that while I had my Security & Privacy settings under General set to allow (unchecked) automatic login the sound plays fine. But I prefer to have the automatic login feature disabled, and the sound fails to work. Any way to change the script so that it plays when the automatic login is disabled?

Thanks again to all the DEV's for their time and hard work in creating easy to understand guides and tools to build and mod these unique and creative machines.:thumbup:

The 1.2 beta version didn't work for me, probably because I have my audio over HDMI and not "internal speakers". how do you uninstall this version?

Remove these two files for beta 1.2

/System/Library/Sounds/Chime.aiff
/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.nicoswd.Carillon.plist

It works for me. The sound starts when the apple logo disappear, as the youtube video above shows.
Any ways to make it work when you switch on the computer?
My specs

OS X 10.9.4

CPU: Intel i5-430M 2.26 GHz
RAM: 4 GB DDR3
Video: nVidia GeForce GT 320M 1024MB
Wifi: BCM43225
Ethernet: Broadcom BCM57780
Audio: Realtek ALC272

It works for me. The sound starts when the apple logo disappear, as the youtube video above shows.
Any ways to make it work when you switch on the computer?
My specs

OS X 10.9.4

CPU: Intel i5-430M 2.26 GHz
RAM: 4 GB DDR3
Video: nVidia GeForce GT 320M 1024MB
Wifi: BCM43225
Ethernet: Broadcom BCM57780
Audio: Realtek ALC272
the only way to get the chime to work at post is a hardware solution wired to the power switch...
do a search i remember reading a user building a solution that works....
something like this .....
http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g5/91945-mac-startup-chime-v2-using-arduino.html
there is another solution out there looking......

Works perfectly for me.

Chime starts playing after the apple-bootlogo disapears.
I used carillon version 1.2b debug from the Github-Releases

My config:
Multibeast 642
AppleHDA 889
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Intel HD3000
install for all users

I got this to work on my hack, but I noticed it plays out of the wrong input? is their a way to switch what input the chime plays from? because the chime can only be heard from my headphone and not my monitor speakers.

Same problem for me, I can hear the sound from the headphone (USB Plantronics) but nothing from the "Internal Speaker"

Any help?
Thanks.

this worked for me on the 1st go. the sound plays just right after the login screen. SSD is to fast for a "gap"

Xeon E3 1220
ECS H67H2-i
16gb ddr3
quadro 600 graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back