Works Great!!

Specs

Intel i7 2600K
GA-Z68X-UD4-B3
Nvidia 770 2 GB
16 Gb RAM ADATA
SSD 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro
Mavericks 10.9.1

I used the Alternate Beta found in the github link here: https://github.com/nicoSWD/Carillon/releases/tag/v1.2b

Works fine without having to reinstall anything from MultiBeast.
Thanks! I was beginning to forget what that chime sounded like.

The new version installs a sound (chime.aiff) "in the /System/Library/Sounds and uses the built-in /usr/bin/afplay to play it."

I fired up Terminal and typed "/usr/bin/afplay /System/Library/Sounds/chime.aiff" and Viola! A Chime!

Soooo, just because I thought it could work....
I placed an alternate sound file into the Sounds folder and renamed it "Chimes.aiff" and now I have my Hack playing "Your Mother Must Be So Proud!" from the Spy Fox Children's game!

Oh, wow! I haven't been on here for a while. I didn't think it'd get that much attention (and videos!!). Thank you all! I'm glad you like it.

I'm still not a 100% sure why it won't work for some people, but as others have suggested, it probably needs speakers that the system recognises as "internal speakers".

Unfortunately, I won't have time at the moment to work on this. But since it's open source, maybe someone smarter than me will be able to fix it. I'll gladly accept pull-requests on Github.

Thanks!

https://github.com/nicoSWD/Carillon

bob i know its off topic but i have the same mobo as u i 7 3770k cant get sl to install so i can make a uni beast stick can u maby help me out if i set internal grpapics to off to use my r9270 x the bios settins reset when i clock save n exit if i use both graphics i get the big screen that has kernaln tells me to restart got ne sugestions /

bob i know its off topic but i have the same mobo as u i 7 3770k cant get sl to install so i can make a uni beast stick can u maby help me out if i set internal grpapics to off to use my r9270 x the bios settins reset when i clock save n exit if i use both graphics i get the big screen that has kernaln tells me to restart got ne sugestions /

This comment will be removed from this thread as it is off topic.
Remove GPU - set UEFI?BIOS for internal integrated graphics for Snow Leopard. Connect using DVI-D or HDMI cable.

Adrian B

Working for me:
▶ How to add Boot Sound Chime to hackintosh - YouTube

[video=youtube;fHfYIsktHSk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHfYIsktHSk&feature=youtu.be[/video]
My Hackintosh spec:

OS X 10.9.1
Motherboard - GA-H61N-USB3 rev. 1.0 Bios F8
CPU - Intel Core i5-2380P 3.1 GHz, 4xcores, 4xthreads,Socket 1155 Sandy Bridge, 95 watt
HDD 1 - WD Velociraptor 320 GB 10.000 rpm 7 Watts
HDD 2 - Western Digital 3TB, 3,5", 7200RPM, SATAIII, 64MB, WD30EFRX
VGA - EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 - Kepler GK106
RAM - 2x4 GB 1333 MHz
Power - Super Flower SF-550P14XE
Case - Lian Li PC-Q08 Black
King Mod Premium Dampening Kit - Lian Li PC-Q08

chips on motherboard:
Audio - Realtek ALC889
LAN - Realtek RTL8111E
USB 3.0 - Fresco FL1009 chip

You sure are brave to show everyone that your using pirated software LOL