Contribute
Register

Boot Sound / Chime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
First thanks to all for all the contributions on the site truly amazing. Secondly I've had this working for some time with no problems on Gigabyte Z97SLI with 10.95. Also on other configs but just moved extra over to EFI partition as expected it stopped working. Figured I try reinstalling but no luck.I guess I didn't really expect it to work but worth a try. Anyone using this with an EFI Boot. If so How is it accomplished ?Thanks in advance!

Edit: Ran debug version and now works...Installed with all user option and first removed old carillion plist.
All is well.

Not having any success. I assume the problem is with my setup. Although I'm using AppleHDA.kext, my audio output is digital optical out (not USB) and I'm booting with Clover.

However, I figured I'd ask in the off chance I'm missing something, e.g. an alternate approach, or others who have gotten it to work with a similar setup.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas :)

[on edit] don't know if this is relevant, but when I click the Carillon exec file in user/local/bin the Terminal pops up with the following text:

Last login: Tue Nov 4 00:59:11 on ttys000
ABs-iMac:~ Astro$ /usr/local/bin/Carillon ; exit;
2014-11-04 00:59:14.345 Carillon[497:7946] Carillon started
2014-11-04 00:59:14.354 Carillon[497:7946] Error loading AppleHDA.kext
logout

[Process completed]

Not having any success. I assume the problem is with my setup. Although I'm using AppleHDA.kext, my audio output is digital optical out (not USB) and I'm booting with Clover.

However, I figured I'd ask in the off chance I'm missing something, e.g. an alternate approach, or others who have gotten it to work with a similar setup.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas :)

[on edit] don't know if this is relevant, but when I click the Carillon exec file in user/local/bin the Terminal pops up with the following text:

Last login: Tue Nov 4 00:59:11 on ttys000
ABs-iMac:~ Astro$ /usr/local/bin/Carillon ; exit;
2014-11-04 00:59:14.345 Carillon[497:7946] Carillon started
2014-11-04 00:59:14.354 Carillon[497:7946] Error loading AppleHDA.kext
logout

[Process completed]

Bro take a look here, this worked for me http://www.tonymacx86.com/customization/25684-hackintosh-startup-chime.html

Working on My Yosemite :) Thanks

Unfortunately I did not have any success with this at all. I've tried with Carillon v1.0b, v1.1b and v1.2b but with no luck.

The chime sound plays fine from Terminal, but unfortunately not on boot. I also have changed permission for Carillon but still with the same result.

Others who have gotten it to work on Yosemite 10.10.2?

The other method mentioned in this thread is not very interesting, because the chime first play after you have logged in.

After some testing, I have now found the cause/partial solution.

By default the com.nicoswd.Carillon.plist file installs in LaunchDaemons. After moving the .plist file to LaunchAgents instead, it now works.

Unfortunately, the chime plays after you have entered the password, and the desktop is reached. Not during boot. This is probably because fles in LaunchAgents first will be activated/run after user login.

But why it does not work when the file is located in LaunchDaemons I simply have no clue.

I've gotta give it to you, this is amazing and worked perfectly for me. Thanks a lot!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back