Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> BCM_4350C2 Bluetooth not working on 12.3

Did you create you current USBPorts.kext or was it taken from kgp's 'iMac Pro X299' guide?

I ask because he ended up adding a BCM4360CD WiFi/BT card on a PCIe adapter to his setup. So he would have used the USB2 internal motherboard header ports (HS13 or HS14) for the Bluetooth on his system/guide.

If you are using the USBPorts.kext from his guide, you would need to edit the kext to remove the USB Port for the PCIe adapter and add/replace it with the port from the M.2 connector.

When you had the Broadcom Bluetooth module show in Hackintool when using USBInjectAll.kext, which port was it activating?

Attempts to create a new USBPorts.kext would be problematic since Big Sur 11.3. As Apple changed the Bluetooth and USB stack with that release of macOS. The XhciPortLimit quirk in OpenCore and the USB Port Limit patches in Clover all stopped working. So for you to be able to use the patches or quirk and USBInjectAll.kext you would need to be running an early version of Big Sur or Catalina/Mojave. You could then remove/disable your current USBPorts.kext and create a new custom kext based on your own needs/requirements.

Assumption is that your Broadcom WiFi/BT card is installed in the M.2 connector shown below.

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 23.35.58.png

Have you run a pair of external WiFi/BT antenna from the card to one of the spare PCIe backplates, i.e. something like the item shown below.

61MT6PjYAHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg WiFi antenna for PC back plate

I can't see any mention of the M.2(WiFi) connector supporting a USB Port, so you will need to undertake some port discovery, if you don't already know which port needs to be activated for the Bluetooth module.

Did you create you current USBPorts.kext or was it taken from kgp's 'iMac Pro X299' guide?

I ask because he ended up adding a BCM4360CD WiFi/BT card on a PCIe adapter to his setup. So he would have used the USB2 internal motherboard header ports (HS13 or HS14) for the Bluetooth on his system/guide.

If you are using the USBPorts.kext from his guide, you would need to edit the kext to remove the USB Port for the PCIe adapter and add/replace it with the port from the M.2 connector.

When you had the Broadcom Bluetooth module show in Hackintool when using USBInjectAll.kext, which port was it activating?

Attempts to create a new USBPorts.kext would be problematic since Big Sur 11.3. As Apple changed the Bluetooth and USB stack with that release of macOS. The XhciPortLimit quirk in OpenCore and the USB Port Limit patches in Clover all stopped working. So for you to be able to use the patches or quirk and USBInjectAll.kext you would need to be running an early version of Big Sur or Catalina/Mojave. You could then remove/disable your current USBPorts.kext and create a new custom kext based on your own needs/requirements.

I created the current USBMap, but it was in Catalina. I have an external bootable backup of Catalina right before the upgrade to Monterey. I will try doing the mapping in Catalina again today.

The BT chip was using HS11.

Assumption is that your Broadcom WiFi/BT card is installed in the M.2 connector shown below.

View attachment 563513

Have you run a pair of external WiFi/BT antenna from the card to one of the spare PCIe backplates, i.e. something like the item shown below.

View attachment 563514 WiFi antenna for PC back plate

I can't see any mention of the M.2(WiFi) connector supporting a USB Port, so you will need to undertake some port discovery, if you don't already know which port needs to be activated for the Bluetooth module.

That's exactly the setup I have yes. The chip and a pair of antenna. It's all set properly.
I will post an update as soon as I have something.

With a working USB Mapping, the Bluetooth is back. However, I have no idea how to get the WIFI. It's not even shown on any PCI bridge.

What do these Hackintool tabs show on your system?

Hackintool > System > Peripherals

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 20.51.45.png

Hackintool > PCIe

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 20.52.10.png

In both Screenshots my Broadcom WiFi card is highlighted. Yours should be similar.

Assumption, you have checked that the Antenna are fully connected to the WiFi card. Seems silly to ask, but the antenna can come loose and leave you with no WiFi.

Hi,
I solved the issue by buying a PCIe adapter card and a flexible x1 PCIe.
Recognized natively without any issue. Universal Control works fine. The M.2 thing was just a nightmare to deal with.

Hi everyone. Im here because i have the same problem. Lemme explain a bit. My wifi card is Broadcom BCM4352, wifi is already working but bluetooth sometimes is working sometimes not. Im running macOS 12.6.3 and im using the follow kext: BrcmFirmwareData, BrcmPatchRAM3 and BlueToolFixup. When is not working, i saw in system info appear as null and the name of bt card is BCM_4350C2 but when is working is THIRD_PARTY_DONGLE. At the same time checked hackintool but when is working is Broadcom 20702. To make it work, i need run the command "sudo pkill bluetoothd" but is not a permanent solution. I hope someone can help me to fix it permanent. Lemme know if you need some screenshot, EFI, config.plist o whatever. Best regards.

Hi,
I solved the issue by buying a PCIe adapter card and a flexible x1 PCIe.
Recognized natively without any issue. Universal Control works fine. The M.2 thing was just a nightmare to deal with.
Could you give a link where you buy, i have bcm94360ng from newegg no luck with BT but wifi fine want to change too.

You are using kexts for an Intel card to get a Broadcom WiFi/BT card working?

That is not going to happen, unless you have 2 x WiFi/BT cards installed in your system and have activated the Intel card thinking you are fixing the Broadcom card.

From what I have read regarding the BCM4350 card you need to set the following:

Key = pci-aspm-default | Value = 0 | Type = NUMBER, under the cards ACPI path in the DeviceProperties section of the config.plist, for the card to work in recent versions of macOS, i.e. High Sierra or newer.

As the AirPortBrcm4360.kext was dropped with the release of Big Sur, it is now necessary to use the ASPM fix above plus faking the device-id of a card that is still supported in Big Sur and newer, i.e. pci14e4,43a0, Broadcom BCM4360 being the logical device ID to use.
I am having the similar issue, after adding the ACPI setting as above, seems nothing changed. Except the identification of USB port in hackintool is gone. Still no wifi (Card info still there though)

Not adding any additional kexts.
Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 12.53.45.jpg

@envying you don't state which version of macOS you are running, this will have an impact on which kexts you need to use for your BCM4352 (half-mini?) WiFi/BT card.

Assuming you are running Big Sur or newer, your WiFi/BT card requires the following kexts:
  1. AirportBrcmFixup.kext
  2. BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
  3. BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  4. BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext or BlueToolFixup.kext, depending on which version of macOS you are running.

It also requires a fake device-id for the WiFi to work, as the true device-id (0x43B1) is not natively supported.
Use one of these natively supported device-id's - 43ba, 43a3, 43a0

See the links below for the necessary kexts and a fuller explanation of how to use them.

Back