Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> BCM_4350C2 Bluetooth not working on 12.3

I am having the same problems as many reported about BT not working on Ventura (13.4).
I have a Lenovo BCM94352Z card. Wifi works great with AirportBcrmFixup, but I cannot get BT to work.
Everything works great on Windows so there is no problem with the card.
I have tried all combinations with the latest version of the BcrmPatchRam.
For my configuration it should work with BrcmFirmwareData, BcrmPatchRAM3, BcrmToolFixup, but it does not. I have read all the posts about BT issues and did not find any other ways for this to work.
It is showing the card with a different model in the hackintool USB shot. The USB mapping is correct because all other devices are working including my camera and card reader.

I attached screen shots from the hackintool, system report and my config.plist
Any suggestions? Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 18.41.28.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 18.41.28.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 18.41.42.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 18.41.42.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 18.42.33.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 18.42.33.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 18.41.12.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 18.41.12.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 138
7 x ports set as internal says your USB configuration is probably incorrect.

Only the USB 2 header ports should be set as Internal (255) plus any ports connected through a WiFi M.2 connector.

Do you have the USB3 header ports set as Internal? If yes then these need to be changed to USB3, including the virtual USB2 ports served from the USB3 header.

I have managed to get Bluetooth working and sleep wake working with one issue. My Corsair water cooler, if its plugged into USB on motherboard she will wake instantly. If I remove it everything is fine. Is there a way around this?

Yes, you need to include the USB port used by the cooler to your USB configuration with connector type ‘Internal’ (255), I.e. as one of the 15 ports being activated in your system.

I am assuming the cooler is connected to a motherboard header port, with a 5 or 9-pin plug.

Also, if it is connected via a 5-pin plug, you need to ensure the plug is oriented in the 9-pin header properly to activate the device.

7 x ports set as internal says your USB configuration is probably incorrect.

Only the USB 2 header ports should be set as Internal (255) plus any ports connected through a WiFi M.2 connector.

Do you have the USB3 header ports set as Internal? If yes then these need to be changed to USB3, including the virtual USB2 ports served from the USB3 header.
I changed the USB settings as you suggested but it did not make any difference.
Still the same as before. The thing just will not work. I will probably have to replace this card.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 18.23.09.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 18.23.09.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 87
I changed the USB settings as you suggested but it did not make any difference.
Still the same as before. The thing just will not work. I will probably have to replace this card.
Thank you.
show the full USB section....

Your Z390 motherboard won’t have 6 x USB2 physical ports, so you need to re look at your port connector type settings. As on first glance they look wrong.

Your Z390 motherboard won’t have 6 x USB2 physical ports, so you need to re look at your port connector type settings. As on first glance they look wrong.
show the full USB section....
Sorry I misled you.
I was dealing with this issue for a while and failed to mention that the issue is with my laptop.
I updated my signature to show my 2 configurations.

My laptop has 1 USB2, 1 USB3, 1 USBC, the internal camera and the card reader.
All these work. The only thing not working is BT.

I had the USB map done on Windows 11 using USBTool.
Before I did the mapping the camera and the card reader were not working.
Now that everything works I am assuming the mapping is correct.

I am attaching the full screen from the hackintool.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 10.07.45.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 10.07.45.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Sorry I misled you.
I was dealing with this issue for a while and failed to mention that the issue is with my laptop.
I updated my signature to show my 2 configurations.

My laptop has 1 USB2, 1 USB3, 1 USBC, the internal camera and the card reader.
All these work. The only thing not working is BT.

I had the USB map done on Windows 11 using USBTool.

I am attaching the full screen from the hackintool.
HS03, 05 06 would normally be set as USB3
although from your image, seems like you have quite a few usb ports?

Back