Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> BCM_4350C2 Bluetooth not working on 12.3

@craighazan - my apologies, my Bluetooth does NOT work. I discovered that I had a bluetooth USB dongle and it was running off of that not the PCI card. I have removed it and BT is not working.

I am going to try playing with some kexts to see if I can get it to work but it is not working natively.
UPDATE - Neither of the Bluetooth solutions seem to be working for the BT on the PCI-E card. I could plug the USB dongle back in but would love to get it working natively.

@Edhawk - Ed, do you think I should try tricking the system into thinking I have a 4350 which should work?
I found this:

Broadcom BCM4350 cards under High Sierra/Mojave/Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey - Wireless and Bluetooth - osxlatitude.com

I still need to read through it...

@Edhawk - I hate to keep asking you questions but I just noticed that in my Hackintool screenshots, the PCI list shows a BCM4360 wireless card but the Bluetooth shows as BCM4350. Shouldn't these have the same numbers?

I figured out how to add my PCI card to the system. See below. @craighazan this might help you.

Read about what to do in the link at #22. Use Hackintool to get your device path.

See the information after: Properties injection through bootloader config: at the link from above.

It looks like the 3rd screenshot.

For some reason, my bluetooth still isn't being recognized. I will keep investigating.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 10.26.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 10.26.31 AM.png
    360.3 KB · Views: 594
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 10.42.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 10.42.11 AM.png
    376.3 KB · Views: 587
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 10.53.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 10.53.53 AM.png
    251.1 KB · Views: 597
The Fenvi AC1200 contains 2 x chipsets,
1 x for the WiFi 4360 and
1 x for the BT 4350.

This is how it is supposed to be set and discovered. So, no they should not have the same numbers. None of my Apple WiFi/BT cards have the same number for their WiFi and BT chipsets.

I am trying to see if the motherboard on your Dell 3880 has an internal USB2 connector, as this would be essential for the Fenvi Bluetooth module to work.

The Motherboard has the following M.2 slots.
  • One M.2 2230 slot for WiFi and Bluetooth combo card
  • One M.2 slot for 2280 solid-state drive/Intel Optane or 2230 solid-state drive
The M.2 WLAN/WiFi slot on the motherboard, where the Intel WiFi/BT card was installed has a built-in USB2 connection for the BT module. The PCIe slot does not have the same dual function.

As far as I can tell from reading the Manual and looking at the Motherboard images, it doesn't appear to have any internal USB connectors, never mind a spare for your Fenvi card.

The Fenvi bluetooth device will not work if the USB2 cable is not connected to an Internal header port. Only the WiFi is passed through the PCIe slot.

So my question to you would be, have you connected the USB cable to the motherboard so the Broadcom Bluetooth module can be activated and discovered in macOS or any other OS?

As your motherboard lacks an internal USB header/port, you may have to route a USB cable from the Fenvi card to an external USB2 port, so the BT module works.

1 x for the BT 4350.

This is how it is supposed to be set and discovered. So, no they should not have the same numbers. None of my Apple WiFi/BT cards have the same number for their WiFi and BT chipsets.

I am trying to see if the motherboard on your Dell 3880 has an internal USB2 connector, as this would be essential for the Fenvi Bluetooth module to work.

• One M.2 slot for 2280 solid-state drive/Intel Optane or 2230 solid-state drive
The M.2 WLAN/WiFi slot on the motherboard, where the Intel WiFi/BT card was installed has a built-in USB2 connection for the BT module. The PCIe slot does not have the same dual function.

As far as I can tell from reading the Manual and looking at the Motherboard images, it doesn't appear to have any internal USB connectors, never mind a spare for your Fenvi card.

The Fenvi bluetooth device will not work if the USB2 cable is not connected to an Internal header port. Only the WiFi is passed through the PCIe slot.

So my question to you would be, have you connected the USB cable to the motherboard so the Broadcom Bluetooth module can be activated and discovered in macOS or any other OS?

As your motherboard lacks an internal USB header/port, you may have to route a USB cable from the Fenvi card to an external USB2 port, so the BT module works.
@BillyGoatGruff had a fix for this if you haven’t got a header on your board. You can connect Bluetooth via a USB port.

1 x for the BT 4350.

@Edhawk - Thanks Ed. I (incorrectly) assumed that the slot would deal with BT and Wifi. My card did come with an extra cable which I was ignoring. I should probably read the directions. :crazy:

Thank you for the explanation. I will figure out how to get BT working with these extra parts.

1 x for the BT 4350.

@Edhawk - I took a look at my motherboard and cannot find a USB port to use with my Fenvi card. I will look for an adapter that allows me to connect to an open USB port, I can switch to a M.2 card or I can just go back to my USB dongle. In any case, I have learned a lot.

@craighazan - I will check for that solution.

Thank you to you both.

In any case, I think there is some good information for the next person that wants to get Wifi/ BT working.

Worked fine on 11.2. Used OCLP to upgrade to Monterey and it is seen, but will not turn on. Wifi works fine. Any suggestions?
I have the same problem.... please tell me how to fix it. Thank you

Back