Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> BCM_4350C2 Bluetooth not working on 12.3

I have the same problem.... please tell me how to fix it. Thank you

@Hacintosh2015 @fritz122

I have an update to this: I am using a ASUS Z590-E Mobo and I was trying to get bluetooth to work and noticed that the computer was saying that I had a BCM_4350C2 installed when it actually an Intel bluetooth device. The Mac was giving me incorrect information.

Check your boards to see if you have Intel Bluetooth devices. If you do, add the 3 kexts from OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware: Intel Bluetooth Kernel Extensions for macOS (github.com).

Now my bluetooth works and my Mac is also showing the correct Bluetooth device.

Last edited:
Problem solved in Mac OS Ventura !!:

1 - Edit config.plist and change PortLimit value to false. No kext needed !!
2 - Reboot and bluetooth and wifi works

Last edited:
Problem solved in Mac OS Ventura !!:

1 - Edit config.plist and change PortLimit value to false. No kext needed !!
2 - Reboot and bluetooth and wifi works
Please, could you share your EFI folder?

Thanks and have a happy new year!

As you are using a Broadcom WiFi/BT card you don’t need AirportItlwm.kext or IntelBluetoothInjector.kext, as they are both used for INTEL WiFi/BT cards. I would recommend removing both Intel kexts.

You shouldn’t require any kexts for a BCM4360 card as it is natively supported.

If you do run into any issues with the Broadcom card you would use AirportBrcmFixup.kext so the correct driver was used.

You shouldn’t need any Bluetooth kexts either, so the BlueToolFixup.kext can also be removed, as that kext is used with non-Apple Bluetooth devices in macOS. It is part of the BrcmPatchRAM solution for non-Apple BT.

Hi Edhawk, Thanks for pointing out to try the AirportBrcmFixup.kext on my BCM4360 card. I had some problems with Bluetooth connection after Ventura update. Now it works! :)

Hi there,
I bought a BCM94360NG for my ASUS PRIME X299 A-II and there is no way to make it work. I almost got the Bluetooth working (it refuses to be recognized with my USB mapping, the only way I had it "better recognized" was by using USBInjectAll). I tried the kexts mentioned in Opencore but that didn't help at all. No sign of the wifi chip too.

I'm quite mad, I've spent the day tweaking that thing and my EFI (Monterey 12.6.3), and the "plug and play" seems to be a myth.

I don't know where to look next. Any insight?

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 19.23.24.png

Without seeing what you are using, i.e. a copy of your EFI folder, your message above is not much use to man nor beast. It is little more than a rant, with no substance.

Help yourself by providing some useful information and data, so we can actually offer you some help. Ranting is just a waste.

Questions:
  1. Did you purchase the card new?
  2. If purchased second-hand, are you sure it works?
    • Have you tried it in another OS (Windows or Linux) to see if the WiFi and BT are recognised and activated?
  3. How is the BMC94360NG mounted in your system, in a CNVI connector on the motherboard, on in a PCIe adapter mounted in a spare PCIe slot?
  4. If you are using a PCIe adapter does the adapter require a cable connection for the BT?
    • Is it connected to a spare motherboard USB header port?
    • Have you installed this cable?
  5. Have you replaced an Intel Wifi/BT card with the Broadcom card?
    • Do they use the same USB port for the BT module?
  6. Do you need to remove your current USB configuration and create a new one, that includes the port used by the Broadcom BT module?
    • I am assuming it is not one of the 15 ports your current USB configuration activate. This seems to be the case given the BT module showed up against a USB Port when using USBInjectAll.kext.

Sorry. That post came straight out of frustration. Thanks for your reply.
I will provide an EFI later this week. I've reverted the changes to have something working fine again.

Regarding your questions:
  1. It's new and it looks like new.
  2. No way to test it on another machine sadly. Bluetooth works in Windows straightaway using some Fenvy drivers. Impossible to get the Wifi.
  3. It's mounted on the motherboard's M.2 slot (especially there for a wifi/bt M.2 chip) I'm waiting for ASUS support's response to see if there is anything that could prevent the chip from working on that slot.
  4. No adapter as it's M.2 mounted on the motherboard. I'm thinking to get one to try but that would be on my other hackintosh and I don't have any PCI slot left (damn GPUs taking too much space)
  5. It was empty.
  6. I need to remove it yes. But all the attempts to create a brand new USBmap.kext failed.

Thanks!

Back