Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> BCM_4350C2 Bluetooth not working on 12.3

Hi all, I have a similar problem regarding bluetooth...on my HP Envy p030nl I have Mac OS Monterey (12.6.5) installed and everything works except wifi and bluetooth. The wireless card is a BCM4312 which from what I understand is not working on Monterey, in fact I solved it with a usb, but the bluetooth I can't get it to work. It is seen as BCM 4350C2, but as a NULL address and it is NOT ACTIVE, clearly trying to activate it from the settings is completely useless.

Problem solved in Mac OS Ventura !!:

1 - Edit config.plist and change PortLimit value to false. No kext needed !!
2 - Reboot and bluetooth and wifi works
Thank you, thank you!!! This worked for me, changed the XhciPortLimit value to false/No and Bluetooth is now working. (Wifi was already working just fine).

As cuadriello instructed, edit the config.plist —> Kernel —> Quirks —> XhciPortLimit (should be of Boolean Type) to false or No (it was “No” in my case).

I removed all the kexts related to bluetooth, rebooted and everything works including Magic Mouse, AirDrop, Handoff, Continuity Camera, earbuds, bluetooth speaker.

I’ve attached my EFI folder in case it will help anyone, here are my specs:

OpenCore Version 0.9.2
macOS Ventura Version 13.3.1 (a)
ASUS PRIME H370M PLUS - BIOS V3201
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
AMD Radeon RX 580 8 GB
64 GB 2133 MHz DDR4
Intel I219V7 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
Realtek ALC887(Inbuilt/onboard sound supported)
Triple boot to macOS Catalina, macOS Ventura, Windows 10
- 2 x TEAM TM8FP6512G NVMe SSD and 1 x SPCC Solid State Disk

Thanks again cuadriello and good luck to everyone!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 183
Last edited:
I'm at a loss with 13.3.1 and Bluetooth no longer working. XhciPortLimit is set to false.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 2.48.41 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 2.48.41 PM.png
    241.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 2.52.34 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 2.52.34 PM.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 81
XhciPortLimit is set to false.
That's to be expected in any release of macOS since Big Sur 11.3. As the XhciPorLimit Quirk stopped working in BS 11.3.

Have you created a custom USB configuration for your system, i.e. USBPorts.kext, USBMap.kext or UTBMap.kext?

If not you should do so as soon as possible.

That's to be expected in any release of macOS since Big Sur 11.3. As the XhciPorLimit Quirk stopped working in BS 11.3.

Have you created a custom USB configuration for your system, i.e. USBPorts.kext, USBMap.kext or UTBMap.kext?

If not you should do so as soon as possible.
I am in a loop. I need usbmap to use blutooth but if blutooth doesnt appear while doing usbmap how can I properly do a usbmap.

The normal way around this is to install macOS Catalina where the XhciPortLimit quirk works. Then follow the USB Guide linked below.

You can install Catalina on a spare drive and use the USBPorts.kext you create in any newer versions of macOS on the same system. As long as you get the USB configuration correct.

The normal way around this is to install macOS Catalina where the XhciPortLimit quirk works. Then follow the USB Guide linked below.

You can install Catalina on a spare drive and use the USBPorts.kext you create in any newer versions of macOS on the same system. As long as you get the USB configuration correct.
I used USBtoolbox to map my ports in windows. I was able to locate Bluetooth and map it. Now My Bluetooth is working but I am dealing with a sleep/wake issue.

Having the Bluetooth USB port incorrectly set is a common issue for instant wake and reboot issues, but not the only reason.

Are the rest of the ports set correctly, it only takes one port to be incorrectly set for these issues to arise.

Post a copy of your new UTBMap.kext so we a see what if anything is wrong.

Please don't laugh. The multiple controllers had me a bit confused.

Attachments

• UTBMap.kext.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 21
Wouldn't dream of laughing, multiple USB Controllers are common on AMD systems, not used on Intel systems. Facing multiple USB Controllers would throw most people when faced with it for the first time.

Unfortunately, your latest UTBMap.kext convolutes your setup even more than before. It now has 4 x USB Controllers, but one is not a real controller, even for an AMD system!

You now have the following 'controllers':
Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 23.00.18.png 16.0.0 Not seen this before! Usually PTXH on an AMD system.

Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 23.00.27.png XHC0 expected

Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 23.00.37.png XHC1 expected.

Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 23.00.45.png XHC2 not expected!

Undertaking the USB port configuration in Catalina may be a better option for you, as this is a complete mess for the USB ports on an Intel system.

Especially if you are using a Skylake system, which only has an XHC USB controller!

Back