Contribute
Register

ASUS Z97A Catalina Install - main partition gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, that EFI folder is a lot nicer.

It does not look as though your failing to boot is caused by it though.

No, I would not recommend ever using a random config.plist taken from the Internet. To be of any use at all it would have to be from from a PC with exactly the same components - in every detail - as yours.

The icons you show us look fine and the normal advice is to select the "Install macOS ...' one until it disappears, however the worrying point about yours is the apparent lack of a correctly formatted destination drive, if as you say the other icon is the Recovery partition. (This though, may not be there on a fresh install, until completed).

Also strongly recommend you disconnect your Windows drive before trying again. Leaving it in place will just end in tears.

Okay, I'm back at the Install macos part, the apple logo with the progress bar, just once its close to completing, the screen goes black while backlit. It flashes like its about to open the installation screen, but nothing happens. When I run it in verbose I see a bunch of start-up text and a few errors, then the same thing happens.

After leaving it for a bit (at black screen), it eventually restarts back into clover. Will keep looking around to see what it could be. It seems like the signal just cuts out, which is strange (link to video)

Last edited:
Okay, I'm back at the Install macos part, the apple logo with the progress bar, just once its close to completing, the screen goes black while backlit. It flashes like its about to open the installation screen, but nothing happens. When I run it in verbose I see a bunch of start-up text and a few errors, then the same thing happens.

After leaving it for a bit (at black screen), it eventually restarts back into clover. Will keep looking around to see what it could be. It seems like the signal just cuts out, which is strange

1) Did you disconnect the Windows drive?

2) At the Clover menu move cursor to Options / Graphics and ensure DeInit is ticked.

2) At the Clover menu move cursor to Options / Graphics and ensure DeInit is ticked.

Its disconnected, I'm not sure what made it work but I was able to boot into the installer finally, restarted and now I see the SSD again, "Boot macOS from Isu", shows as 10.15.2. Just when I boot into it the same thing seems to happen, although now there's glitchy banding for a second

I think I have it as iMac 14,2 - maybe related? Still digging around..

Update: Was able to boot up and log in after changing ports and switching to 18,2. Now just trying to figure out audio and these graphics issues (see Spotify) - things are also just laggy in general. any ideas on this one?

Attachments

• IMG_0375.jpeg
    IMG_0375.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0377.jpeg
    IMG_0377.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 62
Update: Was able to boot up and log in after changing ports and switching to 18,2. Now just trying to figure out audio and these graphics issues (see Spotify) - things are also just laggy in general. any ideas on this one?

Check System Report to see what audio "Output" devices are present. If there are none then you need to install ALC892 drivers with AppleALC.kext, which is a Lilu.kext plug-in. Once in place you then need to experiment to find the "Audio ID" setting, which his an integer that refers to the port layout. This can be a trial-and-error process. Look at the AppleALC guidance for details of the IDs available for your chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back