Contribute
Register

ASUS Z97 Deluxe - i7-4790k - Clover UEFI - Onboard AC Wifi/Bluetooth 4.0 - Secure Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know whether the onboard wifi kexts in this thread is still compatible under the Yosemite environment?

I managed to install Yosemite successfully onto my SSD (using the broadcom4532 kext from airport enable as instructed) and Wifi was running and connected but I couldnt get back in after the post install steps where you install clover to the ssd which I believe might be due to an error in my config.plist but I wanted to make sure there werent any other variables I may not have considered. and also, where my ssd hangs in verbose I noticed that it showed the broadcom kext as "failed" even though it was working fine in the OS so I'm unsure whether I should try it again on my next go around.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Does anyone know if the wifi/bluetooth and sound post install kexts/instructions works for Yosemite/Clover?? I have the same board and processor and trying to get the 3 up and running but keep falling short.

I'm interested in this build too.. I just got the parts and it is going to be my first build. Looks like Erik's build was a success, but what makes me nervous is the fact that it looks like he's the only one who has finished the build successfully :beachball::beachball::beachball: Erik, I tried to pm you but the forum won't let me as I don't have 75 posts written here . . If you could chime in at some point, I'd appreciate it:ch:

I'm interested in this build too.. I just got the parts and it is going to be my first build. Looks like Erik's build was a success, but what makes me nervous is the fact that it looks like he's the only one who has finished the build successfully :beachball::beachball::beachball: Erik, I tried to pm you but the forum won't let me as I don't have 75 posts written here . . If you could chime in at some point, I'd appreciate it:ch:

I got my system working on mavericks same as erick's just used a different graphics card and settings.

I got my system working on mavericks same as erick's just used a different graphics card and settings.

Nice to read, sounds very promising! I guess I'll bug you with further questions in the near future.

I am for now going to use integrated gpu. There's still lots of basics for me to learn

I finally got a stable base system (no Lan or audio yet) running Yosemite but for some reason the recommended ethernet kext was causing my system to hang on boot... as soon as I deleted the Lan kext from S/L/E I was able to boot without any issues. Wifi was working from my initial boot so LAN isnt that big a deal at the moment. My main focus now is a working audio solution being that im gonna be using this build for music production and recording I just haven't had much time to mess with it since I got it running independently of the boot installer.

This is my first successful build so understand that I'm no professional but let me know where you're getting stuck at and I'll see if I can help ya'll figure it out...

I have managed to update Maverics (installed according to Erics description) into Yosemite with similar build as Eric have (the only difference is that I have Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) ).

I did it through apple standard update (not clean install). Before that I created 10.10 catalog on EFI drive and copied all kexts from 10.9 catalog.

During update I didn't find any problem at all.

After update I had three issues:
  • WiFi (5 GHz didn't work)
  • Sleep (after few hours of sleep computer was restarting every time I tried it)
  • Audio

There was no problem at all with Bluetooth, WiFi 2.4 GHz, Ethernet, Graphic card (GTX770).

I have found solution for two first issues:

As for Audio, I haven't found any solution yet ( haven't tried unibeast yet ).

My main focus now is a working audio solution being that im gonna be using this build for music production and recording I just haven't had much time to mess with it since I got it running independently of the boot installer.

You mean the onboard audio? Or audio in general? I'm not that interested in onboard audio, just like yours, my build will be for daw use. And of course I will use a dedicated audio interface for the job. One may of course record with the integrated sound card, the results could really be just what the project needs..

Hi Erik, i have asus z97 pro wifi ac, i got all working but sleep, i have used multibeast. I press sleep it goes to sleep but it turns back on right away. ? I have h80i for colling cpu is the same, psu is 650 corsair rm... Any idea?
Also I got wifi working but everytime i turn on computer, wifi works for 5min then cuts out, then i have to turn off and on wifi and then its fine till next restart.. plz help.. wifi i can live with but would be nice for sleep to work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back