Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

Hello Middleman, thanks for the tips. I tried and OpenUsbKbDxe.efi and also UsbmouseDxe.efi both didn't work. I also tried the PS2 version.

I'm thinking now that apple has moved to their in-house M chips, is spending time on Hackintosh still worth the time? Whenever a new OS releases, it'll break the system. Whenever a new OC releases, it'll break the system. Both these combined arising lots of variables to be ironed out.

Maybe I should just stick to Monterey until the end of x86 support from apple. I've spent 3 days trying to run Ventura by now, getting tired...

Hello Middleman, thanks for the tips. I tried and OpenUsbKbDxe.efi and also UsbmouseDxe.efi both didn't work. I also tried the PS2 version.

I'm thinking now that apple has moved to their in-house M chips, is spending time on Hackintosh still worth the time? Whenever a new OS releases, it'll break the system. Whenever a new OC releases, it'll break the system. Both these combined arising lots of variables to be ironed out.

Maybe I should just stick to Monterey until the end of x86 support from apple. I've spent 3 days trying to run Ventura by now, getting tired...
Okay. If that's the case you'd better double check what settings you've set up in your BIOS so far.
Anything that isn't on the recommendations list for X299 or Comet Lake shouldn't be used.

The second thing I'd do is run something like Corpnewt's USBMap and check if your ports are fully working (they may not be). Also make sure you are using a USB based keyboard and mouse and not Bluetooth.

If it helps there's also a repository for the X299 by Khronokernel found here > https://github.com/khronokernel/OpenCore-Asus-X299 and the interesting thing he's mentioned is that BIOS 3006+ has broken the system. However three things help fix it. First is an update to BIOS v3105, then adding SSDT-RTC0-RANGE.dsl for the AWAC clock and also disabling the SetupVirtualMap quirk as it is broken.

As to your questions, I do believe spending time on Hackintosh is still worthwhile because you are still getting a lot of performance compared to actual Macs. It is actually more when you begin to invest in say a 13th gen system + DGPU because it easily outstrips the performance of a Mac Studio Max without the drawbacks. It is inevitable there are issues in hackinotoshes but if we are careful it would be fine. Also I recommend the use of OCAT (OC Auxiliary Tool) if you encounter any issues as it is very helpful.

As it happens Ventura boots fine on my Z490 Comet Lake system. If you still have trouble I'd advise upgrading the OC to 0.9.4 as I think it is better.

Thank you for the encouraging words. Will look into the USBMap and Khronokernel repository.

Right now I'll just take a break and re-visit Ventura again later.

The 13th gen + dGPU sure sounds super! When Sonoma is stabilized with OC on the Z790 boards, perhaps I can grab the new mobo instead. Hopefully the 13th gen refresh cpus are compatible by then.

:)

I don't, no. Supposedly its primarily for gaming which I don't do on PC or Mac
Just wanted to let you know, that i've complete resolved the screen freezing issue on my 6900 xt by turning off FreeSync on my Samung monitors. With that they were alawys at 60hz at boot.

Hi, it's been a long while and everything has been working fine. Does anyone know if there is any high-end qualified Motherboard that can work with an Intel i9-13900K CPU that works well with macOS? I was thinking about upgrading. Let me know what you can please. Thank you.

Hi, it's been a long while and everything has been working fine. Does anyone know if there is any high-end qualified Motherboard that can work with an Intel i9-13900K CPU that works well with macOS? I was thinking about upgrading. Let me know what you can please. Thank you.
Pretty much any 690 or 790 board will work, I'm running a Asus Z690 Rog Strix E Gaming Wifi board with that CPU but I'm sure the 790 version would work also. You can go higher end than that successfully, it just depends what you think you need.

Pretty much any 690 or 790 board will work, I'm running a Asus Z690 Rog Strix E Gaming Wifi board with that CPU but I'm sure the 790 version would work also. You can go higher end than that successfully, it just depends what you think you need.
Thank you Lee! I may also wait till the Intel 14th Gen CPU will be released. I know that it's not certain that it will definitely work, so I may wait until I find out if it works on a Hackintosh with someone else trying it. I also read that the 14th Gen CPU would be about 17% faster. Again, we'll see what happens. But I think it'll work.

hey bro,I am using your latest efi from github,Ventura 13.5,successfully installed,but only one usb port works(back of mb,the red port) Do you know why?

i have plan upgrade macos big sur ==> ventura
now my big sir have xcpm kernel patch codes..(xcpm,boostrap...etc........)

but i can not found for ventura patch code
any link? or any idea?

Hi guys, you can try my EFI, can't remember where I got it from. It's for Asus TUF 1 board with BIOS 3701. It is on OC 0.8.4 and it runs Ventura and Sonoma. I don't use TB so cannot verify if it works for Ridge Titan cards, etc.

I reverted back to Monterey (OC 0.7.6) cos' I find Ventura and Sonoma too buggy.

Feel free to mod to your board specs. And as usual, generate your own serial number, MLB, SystemUUID.

Attachments

• TUF 1 EFI OC084.zip
    60.9 MB · Views: 25
Back