Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

I used Clover 5155 for Sonoma as I did last year for Ventura (Clover 5142).
And I'm sharing my EFI in case there are still some old school guys here.
Sonoma has some amazing new features that we've been waiting for for a long time.
This is part of the continuity started with Big Sur.
Enjoy your experience with Sonoma.
It's been a while but I have some time now just in case.
My ACPIs match for my ASUS Prime Deluxe motherboard and my processor.
The USB kext is for iMacPro 1.1 SMBIOS so you must edit the config.plist of the kext for MacPro 7.1.
And as usual, generate your own board serial number, serial number, MLB, SystemUUID...

Attachments

• EFI ASUS PRIME DELUXE.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 73
I am using opencore095 in sonoma 14.1 and I think it deactivates the bios virtualization, I do not have dart=0 or disableiomapper activated, how do I configure opencore correctly to have the virtualization active both on macos and when I go to Windows 11? Do I have to edit the DMAR table? If so, do you know of any manuals for ultra-newbies?

Thank you Lee! I may also wait till the Intel 14th Gen CPU will be released. I know that it's not certain that it will definitely work, so I may wait until I find out if it works on a Hackintosh with someone else trying it. I also read that the 14th Gen CPU would be about 17% faster. Again, we'll see what happens. But I think it'll work.
Hi, did you finally manage to solve your problems with the Asus x299 Prime Deluxe motherboard? Would you be so kind as to share your efi?
Thank you in advance

Thank you in advance
Screen_Shot_2.jpg

Hardware profiles are mandatory. See: https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/ Take a minute to fill yours out.

I guess if you have the first model it wouldn't be much of an upgrade but I really love mine. ;)

For me it works flawlessly and I have no issues with the USB ports or mapping them - the quanitity of ports and layout of the board mean it falls within the 15 port limit even with all external and some of the internal ones mapped for my NZXT Kraken and my USB header from BT/Wifi card. Nice and simple.

I think its a decent refresh board with its only major omission being there's no native built in TB3 but I have no need for that - its other features like 3 NVME slots, 2 of which are directly on CPU lanes that I really like. Also the BIOS seems very comprehensive and easy to navigate and use.

No complaints here! :thumbup:

Its an older EFI but you can see the setup on my post in the Big Sur thread. Here
HEY @rustEswan,
I've got the same Mobo (x299-a II) and CPU (i9 10940x) as you on my bench, with an RX580 in it. trying to clean install Ventura, and having trouble with the x299 EFI on this thread. Could you share your current EFI with me? (unless you're still using OC 068 from the Big Sur thread?)
thanks!

Hey everyone,
Using the 0.8.3 EFI from this thread (from @djlild7hina ) and the ACPI files from @rustEswan above, I was able to get my x299-a II running ventura smoothly, including GB Alpine Ridge thunderbolt. I ran the 13.6.5 update via software update yesterday no problem. The only thing not working is sleep, which I'm not too worried about.

The last pesky bug is a "you shut down because of a problem" dialogue upon boot/restart.
It seems to be caused by a "SiriSearch" diagnostic report generated at shutdown/restart.

Anyone have any experience here? I delete those files each time, rebuild nvram, but it persists.
If this question belongs in general ventura help let me know, and apologies.
EFI attached with serial #'s removed.
thanks!

edit: also tried setting Misc > Debug > DisableWatchDog (to true/enabled)
LWScreenShot 2024-03-11 at 4.12.08 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 4.09.45 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back