Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

Hope so too. SwitchResX is my go-to for several years already ;)

Yes, of course I have, no difference so far.

Do you have some experience with Resizable Bar?
I don't, no. Supposedly its primarily for gaming which I don't do on PC or Mac

Now Sonoma is Public Beta ...
Anyone has tried to make it boot ?

Last edited:
I've Just upgrade my X299 fatality gaming i9 to Ventura
I still have random reboot
I'm suspecting the i211 ethernet port
Is there specific configuration for old hardware on Ventura ?
Thanks

Thanks
If you suspect the ethernet controller disable it in the bios and see if the behavior continues. As far as the i211 controller search for the latest version of AppleIGB.kext, nothing else should be required.

Thanks
I'm on Venture since december, looking good here in terms of i211.
I've attached my kext just in case. It's working but I don't use it as my ethernet connection.
No random reboots here.

Attachments

• AppleIGB.kext.zip
    64.3 KB · Views: 32
I'm on Venture since december, looking good here in terms of i211.
I've attached my kext just in case. It's working but I don't use it as my ethernet connection.
No random reboots here.
Thanks
You don't use it ➧ Is it deactivated in System preferences or no cable is plugged ?

If you suspect the ethernet controller disable it in the bios and see if the behavior continues. As far as the i211 controller search for the latest version of AppleIGB.kext, nothing else should be required.
Thanks
Yes it more stable with it disabled in BIOS ;-)
With it activated, I didn't used IGB.kext, but an MacOS native Kext (don't remember the name)

For now I will keep it disable in the BIOS, the Mobo has also an i219

Thanks
You don't use it ➧ Is it deactivated in System preferences or no cable is plugged ?
It's activated, but no cable is plugged in. I also have an ssdt for it, but it's just cosmetics, so it gets reflected in System Information PCI

Hi guys, I tried updating from Monterey to Ventura w/o success. I used the EFI from first post, it managed to boot into Ventura login screen but there's no KB and mouse. xerox24 EFI OC93 didn't boot at all. Not sure what the problem is. Also tried many other EFI on this thread, no success.

I'm using Asus TUF 1 board with BIOS 3701. TUF RX6800 graphics. i9 10940x cpu.

Thank you.

Hi guys, I tried updating from Monterey to Ventura w/o success. I used the EFI from first post, it managed to boot into Ventura login screen but there's no KB and mouse. xerox24 EFI OC93 didn't boot at all. Not sure what the problem is. Also tried many other EFI on this thread, no success.

I'm using Asus TUF 1 board with BIOS 3701. TUF RX6800 graphics. i9 10940x cpu.

Thank you.
You are using Asus X299 TUF 1 board correct? If that's the case try using the EFI in the first post but using the following settings >

For the non-working USB keyboard and mouse, try enabling OpenUsbKbDxe.efi under UEFI > Drivers in the EFI. If not present this file can be found in the OC release package here. Choose the one that matches the EFI from the post (which should be 0.8.3). > https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/releases

For your RX6800 graphics card, make sure that agdpmod=pikera is added to the boot-arg under the NVRAM section.
Since it is natively supported from Big Sur onwards, you won't be needing to add a GPU-spoof SSDT. But if it isn't detected you may have to add your RX6800 GPU device properties under the DeviceProperties > Add section.
This guide shows you where to look for the info > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/find-hardware.html#finding-hardware-using-windows

Also remember with using an off-the-shelf EFI you must generate your own UUID, ROM and MLB serial values for the PlatformInfo section.

Back