Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

Hi Friends

My System panic /mouse not moving I found the reason.
Macos monterey - Panic
macOS Big Sur -No panic

Borth operating system when booting just one kext is difference between EFI

Macos monterey - CpuTscSync.kext=Panic
MacOS Big Sur -TSCAdjustReset=No panic

So I guess panic reason CpuTscSync.kext This kext not full support my i9-9980XE.

After selecting I get a boot loop as if none was selected which I find strange. Any suggestions?
Did you removed the usb thumdrive ?
What are the choices int the bios for startup disk ?

Hi Friends

My System panic /mouse not moving I found the reason.
Macos monterey - Panic
macOS Big Sur -No panic

Borth operating system when booting just one kext is difference between EFI

Macos monterey - CpuTscSync.kext=Panic
MacOS Big Sur -TSCAdjustReset=No panic

So I guess panic reason CpuTscSync.kext This kext not full support my i9-9980XE.
good to know
is there anyone with a 9980x who has the same issue ?

Did you removed the usb thumdrive ?
What are the choices int the bios for startup disk ?
yes, removed it.
Attached is what BIOS look like. After saving it goes back into bios as though the drive was not deleted and it will highlight disabled for boot device as shown in the second attached picture.

So, it sees 2 EFI’s for the same drive even thought there is only one. And no matter which I choose it doesn’t recognize it and after saving and resetting boots back into bios and selects neither selection even though the efi folder has been copied completely from the USB’s efi to the new install drive’s efi.

UPDATE: cleared CMOS. Reset my bios configuration and everything now works from the boot drive just fine. Must of been a ghost in my bios. Not sure what caused it.

Attachments

• 1DDFCDEE-3B50-4858-9FCF-23FB7B883B05.jpeg
    1DDFCDEE-3B50-4858-9FCF-23FB7B883B05.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 40
  • 75087838-1599-4751-8F6D-F722BBA1DD96.jpeg
    75087838-1599-4751-8F6D-F722BBA1DD96.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 43
  • DD6D6D2D-D64C-4282-B556-7800D0AE82D8.jpeg
    DD6D6D2D-D64C-4282-B556-7800D0AE82D8.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hey gang,
Thinking of dipping my toes into Monterey. I have 10.15.7 fully rocking on OC 0.7.7.
Any tips or pitfalls I should be aware of before I initiate my first experiments?
Any outstanding changes to the OC config or kexts that might trip me up? I know I have to change mindate to 0...

Thank you!

@egroys I did a fresh install on a WD Black SN750 SSD, because I had a Samsung 970 EVO and everyone was having issues in Monterey. So the install was good, and just selected the other drive to import all the data, and then it all went smooth. Side effect is that the WD drive is faster than the Samsung, that's a plus!

Can anyone tell me if this this supposed to be this way? Of have I don't something wrong in my config files? Thank you
View attachment 541564

Post install section on my github shows how to fix it...
The Mac Pro 2019 has 12 dimms but x299 only has 8 so we add 4 dimms so it shows like this.

memory1.png

I remember going through your instructions clearly. I followed it carefully. Does this mean that I have to move my ram on my board? I kept the 8 dimms and deled the other 2 configurations per your instructions and updating the config file. I'm still confused as to what I did wrong? P.S. The config has 7/9/6/4 but on my board I kept them according to the Asus recommended per diagram attached. Thank you again

Attachments

• Screenshot at Feb 08 23-53-00.png
    Screenshot at Feb 08 23-53-00.png
    236.7 KB · Views: 31
I remember going through your instructions clearly. I followed it carefully. Does this mean that I have to move my ram on my board? I kept the 8 dimms and deled the other 2 configurations per your instructions and updating the config file. I'm still confused as to what I did wrong? P.S. The config has 7/9/6/4 but on my board I kept them according to the Asus recommended per diagram attached. Thank you again

You dont move the ram on the motherboard, just delete the two other custom memory configs, get rid of the '#', and enable CustomMemory and disable RestrictEvents

You can look at my Rampage EFI for a reference

Last edited:
Back