Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

New to OpenCore. First machine everything ran like a dream. This one has been difficult and I def need help.

Can't get past the PCI Configuration at boot... It freezes.I don't know if I missed something in the BIOS settings or elsewhere in my EFI. Running BIOS v3403 on an ASUS PRIME DELUXE, i9-7920x with ASUS ROG STRIX Radeon RX Vega64 8GB OC. I attached a copy of my EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 55
  • opencore-2022-02-04-235811.txt
    256 KB · Views: 49
@nmano Ok, I've modified my EFI with some of the information in your EFI. It looks like you have heavily patched your system (almost like in Hackintool). Anyways, it appears like you are using OC 0.7.7. I haven't got mine up and running on that version yet. Mine is running OC 0.7.6 on Monterey 12.2 now.

Attached is the EFI with some of your data, FYI, next time strip your personal info out prior to uploading.

!!!USE AT OWN RISK, SUGGEST BOOTING OFF OF USB PRIOR TO MAIN OS!!!
*** Clear NVRAM FIRST***

Hopefully this is a working, uncluttered EFI, on your motherboard.

Lemme know how this goes?
Hi my friend
I am so sorry to say I test your EFI same panic .
I attach Opencore text file.

Attachments

• opencore-2022-02-05-020312.txt
    256 KB · Views: 39
@nmano
1- Disconnect your I210 port. It's still not working with Monterey & will cause Mouse freeze. you can also remove the boot arg "dk.e1000=0" ( unless you're using big Sur ).
2- If you are using Lilu 1.6.0 you should probably also update your virtual SMC to 1.2.9
Hi Friend
I just connect 10GB Ethernet port.I remove this dk.e1000=0 but still panic.
I can't fixed more than a month I don't found the reason for panic.

New to OpenCore. First machine everything ran like a dream. This one has been difficult and I def need help.

Can't get past the PCI Configuration at boot... It freezes.I don't know if I missed something in the BIOS settings or elsewhere in my EFI. Running BIOS v3403 on an ASUS PRIME DELUXE, i9-7920x with ASUS ROG STRIX Radeon RX Vega64 8GB OC. I attached a copy of my EFI.

Seeing quite a bit of issues with the EFI but you can check my github for setup.

Seeing quite a bit of issues with the EFI but you can check my github for setup.
Here's where I get hung up now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
IMG_4635.jpeg

Last edited:
OK, I used your EFI instead and it looks like it actually went a little further. But here's where I KP. Any suggestions?View attachment 541203

Make sure you read the steps. XhciPortLimit quirk doesn't work anymore so you'll need to make a USB map on a lower macOS version first.

I attached kgp's 15 port kext for the x299 deluxe here.

Attachments

• USBMap.kext.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 55
Make sure you read the steps. XhciPortLimit quirk doesn't work anymore so you'll need to make a USB map on a lower macOS version first.

I attached kgp's 15 port kext for the x299 deluxe here.
OK, got it going. Seems like everything went good... Then, after the first stage of installation I selected macOS installer on the hard drive to continue then boot loop. I should mention that I formatted the new drive to APFS the first time and after I tried again I formatted to Mac extended journal. Both times the same results. I am using a Samsung M.2 as the install drive. Could that have anything to do with its compatibility? If not, then what else do you suggest? Thank you

OK, got it going. Seems like everything went good... Then, after the first stage of installation I selected macOS installer on the hard drive to continue then boot loop. I should mention that I formatted the new drive to APFS the first time and after I tried again I formatted to Mac extended journal. Both times the same results. I am using a Samsung M.2 as the install drive. Could that have anything to do with its compatibility? If not, then what else do you suggest? Thank you
Got it working by AGAIN using a different USB(3) port. Strange but now install is complete. Thank you.

Is there any guides on how to map the USB ports? I know I can use AGP's as a base but I have to edit it to make things work.

Got it working by AGAIN using a different USB(3) port. Strange but now install is complete. Thank you.

Is there any guides on how to map the USB ports? I know I can use AGP's as a base but I have to edit it to make things work.

Without a proper usb mapping the connect mouse screen shows up. You usually have to connect to an Asmedia usb port to get past but looks like you did.

My github has a link

Without a proper usb mapping the connect mouse screen shows up. You usually have to connect to an Asmedia usb port to get past but looks like you did.

My github has a link
Thank you. Got everything working with the exception of a couple that I can live without.

Last step, booting from the actual drive instead of the install USB. I copied my entire EFI folder to the drive's EFI. Can't get it to work. In Bios it shows 2 EFI drives the there is just one. After selecting I get a boot loop as if none was selected which I find strange. Any suggestions?

Back