Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Load ? could you be more specific, please?

Here's my OC test folder... not sur it will work with yours.
Don't forget to modify the TSCAdjustReset.kext according to your core number ➧ 35
And My clover working Folder

Attachments

• X299 Sage 10G Clover.zip
    21 MB · Views: 72
Hi oli.mathieu, much appreciated. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I'm quite new to this, I had someone who installed the KPG's Mojave for me.

It gets stuck even before boot loader goes into the drive choice menu, @"welcome to clover 5070"

Please find my modification to your EFI attached. I did modify TSCAdjustReset.kext accordingly. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

With my EFi, it boots into setup and it gets stuck when the installer windows should go up with this weird picture. No kernel panic tho if I boot with -v. it just gets to this white window and not moving.

Attachments

• MOD.zip
    21 MB · Views: 57
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Here are my current Mojave setup picture and efi attached. I really want to make this Catalina work. Not sure how but I can hope for an answer :)

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 00.17.50.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 00.17.50.png
    548.1 KB · Views: 63
  • EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 66
Here are my current Mojave setup picture and efi attached. I really want to make this Catalina work. Not sure how but I can hope for an answer :)

Thanks

There are newer versions of Lilu and WG that may help you with compatibility. The ones in your other folder are a few versions old. What is CodecCommader.kext? I don't see anything that seems off to me... In your bios settings, do you have 4G enabled or disabled? Do you have MSR lock disabled?

Boot in verbose mode in clover and try to snag a screenshot of the text right before it hangs. I usually record a vid on my phone so i can pause and read everything.

@oli.mathieu & @eiriasemrys, thanks a lot for your support.

To answer your questions:
1. CodecCommader.kext (is an audio codec)
2. I followed your advice and only updated from my EFI the Lilu and WG.
3. 4G is Enabled / Auto
4. MSR Lock is disabled. (the bios follows the KPG's, Bios V1301)

With my current EFI (attached, bios settings - attached in pdf) I managed to fully install Catalina with no panic. After the first restart, the installation resumed. The following restart boots with no panic until the logon screen where I have again this weird silver window with a white square. The mouse responds and even when is going to stand by the monitors shut down and come back on if I press any key. Please find also attached a -v behaviour video.

In the effort of getting it to work, I also used for the boot the following using Vega64 or 5700XT the following line input:
shikigva=40 agdpmod=pikera -v
shikigva=40 agdpmod=vit9696 -v

However, this was not successful, having the same result on all 4 instances.

I've also tried switching the DP ports & HDM. The screen switches to the screen but with the same white square on silver.

Please advise further if you have any thoughts.

Much appreciated!

Attachments

• Bios Settings.pdf
    58 KB · Views: 94
  • Videos.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 73
  • Working_EFI.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
@oli.mathieu & @eiriasemrys, thanks a lot for your support.

With my current EFI (attached, bios settings - attached in pdf) I managed to fully install Catalina with no panic. After the first restart, the installation resumed. The following restart boots with no panic until the logon screen where I have again this weird silver window with a white square

Please advise further if you have any thoughts.

Much appreciated!
I had similar problem with KP installing Catalina on the second reboot !!
Issue came from exotic kext I had installed previously in Lib/Ext/ or S/L/E
is you MacOS truly vanilla ?
Hope this helps

@oli.mathieu much appreciated for your reply.

However, I'm more than new to this. I've searched online what this could mean but not a lot of results. Does this file live on the EFI folder?

I know this might sound stupid but can you please explain as to a 5 years old what I need to do exactly?

I'm a video editor and know how to operate these machines from Premiere and Avid, not from a hack point of view. The person who helped me install them on Mojave and made them work is not available right now so I'm just trying to collect the pieces and make this update with your help and the others from this forum. So thanks for your patience to bear with me.

Cheers!

@oli.mathieu much appreciated for your reply.

However, I'm more than new to this. I've searched online what this could mean but not a lot of results. Does this file live on the EFI folder?

I know this might sound stupid but can you please explain as to a 5 years old what I need to do exactly?

I'm a video editor and know how to operate these machines from Premiere and Avid, not from a hack point of view. The person who helped me install them on Mojave and made them work is not available right now so I'm just trying to collect the pieces and make this update with your help and the others from this forum. So thanks for your patience to bear with me.

Cheers!
So I looked at your EFI :
I think you should update with the latest Clover 5103 or 5014 (Clover's files are a little different now ) and latest kexts Lilu, ALC, WEG, etc... and replace FakeSMC.kext by VitualSMC.kext
If you're stuck by graphic ( your shot : screen half black/white) add VegaGraphicFixup.kext (research in the first page on KGP guide may be on High Sierra i don't exactly remember)
Put only the requiried kexts to start the installer.
Try with a new USB stick, ensure your MacOS Catalina is not corrupted and download it again if needed.
I'll see if you're on the right track tomorrow.
No reason not to succeed.

Last edited:
The Good: Got the RX580 works great. Didn't have sleep, but figured I could live without it.

The Bad: I tried re-installing Catalina. Got to the Apple screen, formatted the drive in Disk utility to APFS. And was on my way re-installing it. That's when the nightmare started.

Now all I get is an endless boot loop of:

AMFI SIP is off, allowing core dump for pid
Process[xx] crashed: Too many corpses being created.
iMac-Pro.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] <Notice> Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 3 seconds.
disk2s1: 0x3e8 (UNDEFINED)

does this for a bunch of different processes.

What's odd is why is it saying iMac-Pro? I changed my product name and serial to MacPro7,1 before the install even started (it previously was iMacPro1,1)

Has to be something stupid because everything was working great before. Help?!?

The Good: Got the RX580 works great. Didn't have sleep, but figured I could live without it.

The Bad: I tried re-installing Catalina. Got to the Apple screen, formatted the drive in Disk utility to APFS. And was on my way re-installing it. That's when the nightmare started.

Now all I get is an endless boot loop of:

AMFI SIP is off, allowing core dump for pid
Process[xx] crashed: Too many corpses being created.
iMac-Pro.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] <Notice> Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 3 seconds.

does this for a bunch of different processes.

What's odd is why is it saying iMac-Pro? I changed my product name and serial to MacPro7,1 before the install even started (it previously was iMacPro1,1)

Has to be something stupid because everything was working great before. Help?!?

There may be several problems :
- How did you create your USB installer : valid method for X299 is with createinstallmedia
- Problem with your config.plist sip parameters (BooterConfig : 0x28 / CsrActiveConfig 0x3E7) and inappropriate graphic injection : with ATI and WEG no graphic injection
- Invalid kexts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back