Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
There may be several problems :
- How did you create your USB installer : valid method for X299 is with createinstallmedia
- Problem with your config.plist sip parameters and inappropriate graphic injection : with ATI and WEG no graphic injection
- Invalid kexts

Thanks for the help.

- I created it with createinstallmedia. It worked the first time I installed it.
- What specifically do you suggest with SIP? I may have messed around with the previously, but what would cause it to fail? I haven't touched anything with graphic injection, should I?
- I'll review my kexts again, I believe I installed previously with these, but I'll slim them out just to be sure.

Thanks for the help.

- I created it with createinstallmedia. It worked the first time I installed it.
- What specifically do you suggest with SIP? I may have messed around with the previously, but what would cause it to fail? I haven't touched anything with graphic injection, should I?
- I'll review my kexts again, I believe I installed previously with these, but I'll slim them out just to be sure.

Ok recheck all carefully and add this SSDT for your RX580 according you put it on PCI_E 16X slot1

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-RX580.aml.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 90
Ok recheck all carefully and add this SSDT for your RX580 according you put it on PCI_E 16X slot1

Thanks, I added this in, completely inspected and rechecked my EFI, not sure what happened or why, but still no resolution. Same thing. Even changed my gen-bios back to iMacPro too.

Only thing I can think of is I formatted by NVME SSD when everything worked great to APFS, install appeared to go fine. Then everything some how went downhill. Can't see how that would affect it, but overthinking things at this point.

on Bios 2002, next thing I'll do is downgrade my bios to 1503 and see what happens. Doubt that'll resolve it but have nothing left to try.

Thanks, I added this in, completely inspected and rechecked my EFI, not sure what happened or why, but still no resolution. Same thing. Even changed my gen-bios back to iMacPro too.

Only thing I can think of is I formatted by NVME SSD when everything worked great to APFS, install appeared to go fine. Then everything some how went downhill. Can't see how that would affect it, but overthinking things at this point.

on Bios 2002, next thing I'll do is downgrade my bios to 1503 and see what happens. Doubt that'll resolve it but have nothing left to try.
i had problems with new bios 2002 :
- Pcie bifurcation isn't completely functional
- Video bitrate with two similar GPUs is not as efficient and constant
So I stay with 1503 bios

Last edited:
i had problems with new bios 2002 :
- Pcie bifurcation isn't completely functional
- Video bitrate with two similar GPUs is not as efficient and constant
So I stay with 1503 bios

Wanted to thank everyone for their help with that last issue. Phew no clue what happened, but I resolved it.

Changed my thumb drive, re-installed Catalina from scratch on it. Re-copied my EFI folder to the EFI section on it. Not sure if I had something faulty or what. But installed within 10 mins after.

My only last remaining issue (that I see) is I don't have sleep now with the RX580. I even used the SSDT posted above (which I thought resolved sleep). I oddly enough had sleep using the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS, not with the iMacPro1,1

I'm using the latest version of OC and all updated kexts on a vanilla solution. So in case anyone wants to dabble with my EFI, I'll be happy to upload it (once it's fully finalized) for others to use.

Last edited:
@Loloflatsix Sorry for the late reply. I tried your suggestions and I couldn't manage to make it work. Can you please help me configure this EFI? My knowledge is far beyond to put my finger on what I can do. It loads up bootloader but not loading the setup.

Attached again, my Mojave working EFI and the Catalina with Clover 5103 separate. Can you please have a look and help modify yourself what's missing may be for drivers or config and send it back? I think is the only way I can have it working. I would be forever grateful if you could help.

CPU: i9 9980XE
MB: WS-X299-SAGE (base, not 10G)
GPU: Vega 64 (Sapphire)
RAM: Corsair CMW128GX4M8C3200C16 RGB Pro 128GB (8 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP
TB: GC-TITAN RIDGE
NVME: 2X 500GB Evo 970 (1x for win 10, 1X for mac)
1x Blackmagic Mini 4k (HD &SDI)
4x 3TB HGTS + OWC 5 Bay Thunderbolt 3 (5X 6TB Ultrastar - 32TB)
1x Solarflare SFN5122F Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+
2x 27 Inch Apple Cinema Displays (mini display adapted to DP)
Bios V1301

Thanks,

Attachments

• Catalina EFI.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 80
  • Mojave Working EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 77
Hi guys!

I need a little bit of help: It's supossed i have a very powerfull computer, but sometimes it gets laggy, trackpad pointer moves very slow, and switching between desktops takes "forever".

It sometimes happen when i plug any USB, but not always.

When it happens i check on Activity Monitor, but normally CPU is less than 70%.

Sometimes kernel_task is higher than 150% without any reason.

Where can i start to check things?

My Computer is a i9980XE, Asus WS Sage x299 10g, 128GB DDR4, AMD Radeon VII 16GB.

Thanks in advance!

@Loloflatsix Sorry for the late reply. I tried your suggestions and I couldn't manage to make it work. Can you please help me configure this EFI? My knowledge is far beyond to put my finger on what I can do. It loads up bootloader but not loading the setup.

Attached again, my Mojave working EFI and the Catalina with Clover 5103 separate. Can you please have a look and help modify yourself what's missing may be for drivers or config and send it back? I think is the only way I can have it working. I would be forever grateful if you could help.

CPU: i9 9980XE
MB: WS-X299-SAGE (base, not 10G)
GPU: Vega 64 (Sapphire)
RAM: Corsair CMW128GX4M8C3200C16 RGB Pro 128GB (8 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP
TB: GC-TITAN RIDGE
NVME: 2X 500GB Evo 970 (1x for win 10, 1X for mac)
1x Blackmagic Mini 4k (HD &SDI)
4x 3TB HGTS + OWC 5 Bay Thunderbolt 3 (5X 6TB Ultrastar - 32TB)
1x Solarflare SFN5122F Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+
2x 27 Inch Apple Cinema Displays (mini display adapted to DP)
Bios V1301

Thanks,

I made a brief overview of your attached files, so I would like to go further and can you attach you system DSDT (you can compile it with MaciASL on your working configuration on Mojave and also your preboot.log (which you can store into the folder /EFI/CLOVER/misc by pressing F2 on the Clover boot screen.)
We will try with Clover OcQuirks after requiried adjustment.
In fact here, we have time to do a lot with containment measures for the preservation of health. ;)

Hi guys!

I need a little bit of help: It's supossed i have a very powerfull computer, but sometimes it gets laggy, trackpad pointer moves very slow, and switching between desktops takes "forever".

It sometimes happen when i plug any USB, but not always.

When it happens i check on Activity Monitor, but normally CPU is less than 70%.

Sometimes kernel_task is higher than 150% without any reason.

Where can i start to check things?

My Computer is a i9980XE, Asus WS Sage x299 10g, 128GB DDR4, AMD Radeon VII 16GB.

Thanks in advance!

Try to adjust your CPU in bios like this ;
i.) "ASUS MultiCore Enhancement" set to "Auto"
ii.) "CPU Core Ratio" set to "Sync All Cores"
iii.) "AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset" set to "3"
iv.) "AVX-512 Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset" set to "2"

Try to adjust your CPU in bios like this ;
i.) "ASUS MultiCore Enhancement" set to "Auto"
ii.) "CPU Core Ratio" set to "Sync All Cores"
iii.) "AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset" set to "3"
iv.) "AVX-512 Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset" set to "2"

I'm gonna double check, but I guess I already have it like this (as the tutorial said). But, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back